• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rides of March pics

XJ6 said:
I talked to the guy in the Range Rover Sport some, the RR belonged to the dealership president that I worked for when they had the dealer here in Little Rock - she probably would have paid him to run over me ( I don't always get along with management ... imagine that) they were wanting to get pics of a nearby creek.

The video of us may show up since the video guy was Rovernut - not your average Rover kinda guy (3 Rovers, 2 Jeeps, 1 old Bronco, 1 Yota around his house).

Glad everyone got more pics than I did, some nice shots.

Ramsey, Rubicon Ridge and going up a badly rutted King Cobra when it was sloppy wet in places not too shabby for a group of open/open XJs on 31s ..... did you ever wheel an XJ open on 31" ATs or has your junk always been better equipped :moon:

Noah should get some kind of award for doing Chrysler Canyon without power steering :thumbup:
Of course i did, well not at's, I knew better than that :D

Everyone has to start somewhere, better at the bottom too so you dont look like an ass when you tear up the jeep you paid to have built and dont know how to fix.

Oh, and I love giving people a hard time, who woulda guessed?

XJ6 said:
He had a TRAITOR riding with him :wave1:

too bad the "Red XJ boat" wasn't quite ready :twak:

I'm not a TRAITOR. My poor "Red XJ Boat" wasn't ready. Plus the unibody still needs to be welded back toughter. I think it got worse driving it home from NLR.:(

rovernut said:
Oooooh! You scared us! Not.
No I didn't stop taping. It's posted on here:http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4617933786422699328
Not trying to start any trouble, but that XJ of yours would have a real hard time making my Rover look bad.:moon:

Thanks for the vid! I was a bit disappointed you weren't wheeling with us, but glad to see you out there. Sorry for the semi-rude responses, but the trail etiquettedisplayed by your fellow rovers was less than hospitable. I waved as they passed and was made to feel as though I were begging for change. Even as I paused while cutting trees that had fallen across the access road to wave, they did not make eye contact nor wave back.

I noticed a distinct difference between those who drove new rovers and those who drove older rovers like yourself. I definately would enjoy wheeling with you, the others driving newer rovers I saw out there...not so much.

goodburbon said:
Thanks for the vid! I was a bit disappointed you weren't wheeling with us, but glad to see you out there. Sorry for the semi-rude responses, but the trail etiquettedisplayed by your fellow rovers was less than hospitable. I waved as they passed and was made to feel as though I were begging for change. Even as I paused while cutting trees that had fallen across the access road to wave, they did not make eye contact nor wave back.

I noticed a distinct difference between those who drove new rovers and those who drove older rovers like yourself. I definately would enjoy wheeling with you, the others driving newer rovers I saw out there...not so much.

Second that....I got some funny looks from those guys....I mean all I asked for was a little GREY POUPON....LOL

Hey, man, those were high falutin' soiciety people! Thay make eye contact with Jeepers like I make eye contact with people in "da hood". I drive my gas company truck through there and I might as well have blinders on. Everybody starin' at me, wondering whose gas is going to be turned off next.:laugh: I'm thinkin" "holy s**t! This is a dead end!".

Anyway, I'm off an a rant again. As a rule, you're right about the trail etiquette. Most folks in the newer Rovers were scared to death anyway. The ones who off road regularly are usually normal people. But we get our share of abuse. I say :passgas: on them!

VampireJeep said:
Ya'll need to check out Rovernuts video of Barnwell on 10/07. You'll get to see my lonely Cherokee kick some Rover arse:wave: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3488179321776907265

You were out picking on the developmentally challenged again. What have I told you?

You want me to post up a pic of you driving a "soccer mom" Discovery to work when the Jeep's broke? :rof:

XJ6 is right! He's a TRAITOR! I can prove it!

goodburbon said:
Thanks for the vid! I was a bit disappointed you weren't wheeling with us, but glad to see you out there.

Maybe there'll be no conflict in scheduling next time, and I'll ride with you guys and get lots more footage.

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg