• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rev, Les, John, anyone? NW Indiana wrenchfest part deux

grasseater said:
I may or may not be there. If I do, I'll have the little dude so not much wrenching, but he'll get a kick out of all the Jeeps. Have to be home by around 5 p.m., though.

Maybe we can make a sweet stinger for the Grand Caravan...

Change in plans; if I can get my steering installed by Saturday morning (should be delivered tomorrow) I'll be there. The spousal unit will have the boy.

lesslimited said:
Don't even bother soaking those bolts. It won't do anything to loosen the metal bushing sleeve from the bolt. Just loosen the bolts about a 1/4 turn, then cut 'em both sides of the leaf, leaving enough on the inside to grab with a vise grips. Otherwise, you will not fail to break off the weld nut inside the frame pocket, with all the fun that entails.

Ya...Big No on that bad juju...Figured It'd be easier to sawzall the bastids out... I bet those bolts are grade 8 factory dealies too huh? Dang!
I was just downstairs mixing and matching leaf packs and I combined the front and rear off a waggy and the Old Man Emu main leafs and I ended up with a 10 leaf pack (yow!) I have NO idea what kinda lift this would give me but I gotta get rid of the 3" blocks and keep the height... I might post pics of this experiment later tonight... again, not assembled, just playing around seeing what might work...

Looks like I'm in.

Will be there Sat. AM.

Need to install disconnects, odds and ends and maybe cut a little sheet metal.

I may have some homebrew to sample bottled rather than kegged though.

Most likely ill be there with 1 other.. sorry no strippers though..also dont know how long i can stay. before i come though im gonna have to install the bullet proof glass.

best/easiest thing to do about the leaf bolts is to cut em. I literaly just got done cutting off mine yesterday. i spent about 2 days trying to figure out how to get them off so then i just cut'em off and replaced them.. wish i would have thought about that in the first place.. took about 20 min. to cut and replace both sides.

Looks pretty good Gil ... you can let us all know how well they do when you get them on. I can bring up some polyethylene, or maybe some nylon, to make some spacers to go between your leafs.

Do you have a plan for a clamp to hold the alignment? I drilled a 9/32" dia. hole through one of the leafs, then counterbored it on the top side so I could use a flathead bolt. The clamp was drilled and tapped so I could attach it using the flathead coming through the leaf. Just an idea ...

Les

jeeplas said:
We are in. Would you like us to bring something for the imbibing later? No pie though, had enough of that over the holidays.
N-N-N-No pie? :rattle:

Anyone who wants to bring a side dish would be appreciated.
I'll take care of the carnivorous part.
Kevlar won't be needed unless you interupt me while I'm screwing my 2 toothed cousin.

Gil BullyKatz said:
So whatcha fellas think for this weekend?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=325647#post325647

I wuz thinking about painting and bringing everything down and doing the final assembly down there...
btw...You got a sandblast booth Kid? :D

Looks like you'll get a couple inches of lift just from the thickness of all those leafs. If it's too stiff, it's not a big deal to take out one or two.

As for cutting the bolts, I've found that dewalt blades work much better than some cheap generic ones. Or a cutting wheel on a grinder.

I am pretty sure we are not gonna be able to make it. Sean is sick and still sleeping. Hope you guys all have a good time. :wave:

Back