• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone with a bender wanna help with something cool

proracedriver616

NAXJA Forum User
i went out to ram offroad park saturday with a couple buddies of mine and did awesome all day, outwheeled everyone i was with...until it came time to leave i got so stuck in a huge pile of rocks that i blew out the spider gears in my front axle and damaged the drivers side of my jeep pretty bad. I had the doors off and the door hinges got snagged while i was trying to free my jeep and bend all the door hinges in and back and i pushed the b pillar in a good 5" or so. I work in a body shop and could pull the pillar out but since i have another jeep now i decided to make this my "wheeling only" jeep and im gonna boatside it just above the lower hinges, and replace the pillars with tube. So heres where i need someone's help, if anyone on here has a tubing bender they are willing to let me come over and use (and help me with) Ill buy all the tubing and beer, pizza, whatever else you want for a bender rental/help fee. Im gonna tear the rest of my interior out this week and take the smashed up fenders off and hopefully this weekend get the rectangle tube welded in for the boatsides, so if anyone is willing to help a brother out :D ill be ready in a couple weeks.

seth

ha ha, that was fast....so what am i going to have to bribe you with to get some help....beer? money? pizza? a sunday with a cherry on top?

Frank, I have a 1.75" die if you ever need to borrow it.

What kind of $$$ are you guys getting on 1.75" .120 wall DOM and HREW? Up here they want an arm and a leg.

from the looking i was just doing online, it looks like 1.5" dom .120 wall is around 600 bucks for 100
feet!!!! Im definately gonna have to go with hrew to fit into my budget.

from the looking i was just doing online, it looks like 1.5" dom .120 wall is around 600 bucks for 100
feet!!!! Im definately gonna have to go with hrew to fit into my budget.
That is actually a lot cheaper than what I have found in Northern Colorado.

yeah frank, either tomorrow night or this weekend im gonna get the 2x6" rectangle tube welded in along the sides for the start of the boatsides, and that will be the platform for everything else to be built off of.

http://i48.tinypic.com/149bog9.jpg

thats the closest pic i can find for what i wanna do, except run the rocker tube flat and not so much an exo as a replace part of the body cage lol

just got 1.5" .120 wall HREW from glaser for just around $1.60/foot

think hrew is fine unless ya plan on rolling it repeatedly.
jeepspeed or racer = DOM
crawler = hrew (dick something up, cut and replace it....)

just got 1.5" .120 wall HREW from glaser for just around $1.60/foot

think hrew is fine unless ya plan on rolling it repeatedly.
jeepspeed or racer = DOM
crawler = hrew (dick something up, cut and replace it....)

I have to agree with Mike. DOM is great but HREW will work just fine for most of us here. Besides most of us do not have a thick wallet and the economy just plain sucks right now!

Back