• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Resignation of President Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
After much reflection I am forced to resign my post as president of the NAXJA Southern California Chapter effective 12:00 Midnight, February 6, 2018. As I've mentioned previously my work load this past year has increased to the point that I can no longer fulfill the duties here. While this work load issue is temporary in nature I cannot say when it will let up at this time so don't feel I can honestly stand up and commit to the chapter (indeed this very post was planned to go up early last week but was delayed by some issues at work dominating my time).

As the bylaws dictate in the event of a resignation the sitting Vice President, Tim Bentley, will take over as president and a special election held to backfill the remainder of his term as Vice President through December 31, 2019. I have full faith in his abilities to lead the chapter, not only because I know him well but also because I have been unfairly relying on him, Carol, and others throughout this period.

I will still be available to assist Tim, Carol, and the new incoming VP where possible and hope to get past these multiple converging projects and be able to get back to spending time with the club doing Adopt-A-Trail work as well as recreational wheeling in the near future.

If I ever have time to get the Jeep right.

Thanks,
G. Sequoia Armstrong
Almost-prior NAXJA Southern California Chapter President

As I said in a previous post, Geoff, you have my thanks for all of the time and effort you’ve given to the club and chapter over many years of service.

Geoff, you have my sincere appreciation for your service. With special regard to the Adopt A Trail program, as many hours as I normally logged, you quite often did triple. I'm sure I can speak for the club in appreciation of that service to keep our trails open.

Geoff, thanks for all you have done. If you need help with the Jeep, please hit me up, I'd be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back