• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remote op dome light

bscbarns

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody done this?
Scenario: Backwoods, tent 50ft. from XJ.:speepin: Wife says she wants the cheetos under the passenger seat at 2am. Can't find maglight that got stuffed under air matress so now you have to find XJ on moonless high country night. Ouch, %!*^&, (*&^%$, "wish I had a remote on my XJ like wifes car when I touch a button the dome light comes on".
Any ideas for an inexpensive light that could be mounted somewhere (on) or (in) my jeep that could be remotely operated. That is if the remote didn't get stuffed under the air matress too.

bscbarns said:
Has anybody done this?
Scenario: Backwoods, tent 50ft. from XJ.:speepin: Wife says she wants the cheetos under the passenger seat at 2am. Can't find maglight that got stuffed under air matress so now you have to find XJ on moonless high country night. Ouch, %!*^&, (*&^%$, "wish I had a remote on my XJ like wifes car when I touch a button the dome light comes on".
Any ideas for an inexpensive light that could be mounted somewhere (on) or (in) my jeep that could be remotely operated. That is if the remote didn't get stuffed under the air matress too.
Just modify "The Clapper" to work on a 12v system :D. All kidding aside, inexpensively I'm not sure. A lot of remote starts offer it and I think even some security systems, but they're not cheap.

Back