• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter this weekend

I guess an inch off be be a little ruff. So is this one of the last thing to get it going again?

Nope it was the trac bar, snapped the tre (on a rustys yes) when I hit a log buried in snow. Had a short arm suspension then and had to drive 20 miles to the presidents house because I didnt have tools with me to fix it. Took the freeway at about 50 since it was at night, it was fine unless I would hit a bump then it would go all :scared: on me.

-Alex

So I tapped the steering box while I had it out. I was going to run hydro, but too much work to have it done by Sunday. I plugged the holes on the box and tapped the piston thing on the pump. It worked fine when only the pitman arm was on. Tried backing out of the garage a bit ago and about ripped the wheel off trying to turn. It did move on it's own power for the first time since September. I honestly have no idea what could be wrong. I don't have the patience to work on it anymore tonight. I'll pick up a box at a pull-a-part after the parade. I'm tired of messin with this thing today.

Had a great time at Reiter yesterday. Ran with a mixture of White Knuckle and BEST folks, as well as a few independents. We hit the tree trail on the way to Isabel, ran Isabel up to the washout (It's majorly fubared, multiple trees across the trail, big jumbled rocks, all covered in 2-3 feet of wet snow) then hit Trail Of Doom on the way back down. That, my friends, is a fun little trail. It's short mileage-wise, but unless you're exo-caged, it's very XJ unfriendly. Luckily I had the CJ, so running the roll cage along numerous trees at a 40 degree angle wasn't a concern. Nothing but heavy throttle tight tree pinball. The 38.5" TSL/SX's were chucking mud like nobody's business, numerous 2-3 foot high rock and tree root ledges, just an adrenaline surge.:D

I've ran TOD in an unlocked XJ. No body damage. Ask Crash. It is a fun little trail. I like going through those tight tree roots

supsa said:
I've ran TOD in an unlocked XJ. No body damage. Ask Crash. It is a fun little trail. I like going through those tight tree roots
My wide axles probably leaned me into the trees more than a factory width rig would have, but the mud was exceptionally thick and deep. Rich in his locked TJ on 36" IROKS told me that was the worst he'd seen that trail, and he'd run it three times prior. I actually asked myself if I would have run my XJ through it, and I was on the fence. Let's just say I was glad I had the CJ out and it wasn't an issue.:D

Back