• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Trail Cleanup May 8th Oh-Ten

What's funny (for you, sad for the rest of us) about that is that you made pretty quick work of it too! In 2WD even!

I gotta get me one of these "lockers" everyone keeps talking about. Haven't had one since high school. :D
He had motivation..............it was standing up on top yelling "He's done! Winch him!"

Well dang wish I could have made it 5! I laterdiscovered I'd have had another issue though and that is my XJ isn't "registered". Never needed any of that as I usually run trails on private property. Oh well... we'll fix that issue as soon as possible. It would have been nice to make though, looks like I could have taken a bunch of pictures for you since I got all this expensive camera gear sitting here collecting dust....
Now back to getting the XJ ready for some major upgrades, fuel cell, front bumper and cage, and I guess finish the rear bumper too.

JS

I gotta get me one of these "lockers" everyone keeps talking about. Haven't had one since high school. :D

which was like...a year ago?

mac '10 years out of college' gyvr

A little longer than that... college took the better part of a decade.

GoSlow 'lots of people go to college for 7 years' GetStuck

Some how I had you younger...must be the beard...

mac 'lucky to do 4 years of college...in 4 years' gyvr

What's this college thing you guys are talking about? JIM.

Oh, that's that place some of my friends went that I would frequently visit. Seemed to me like a bunch of beer drinking...Guess I should have joined up, I do alright at beer drinking.

I dunno but 10 years later I still owe over 12k in loans...

mac '138.86 every month' gyvr

I dunno but 10 years later I still owe over 12k in loans...

mac '138.86 every month' gyvr

I got you beat but i will not divulge by how much....... With a 2.75% interest rate I can't justify paying it off over investing in retirement account making 10-15% /yr. And the interest is deductible.

right there with ya Brian. I too will not divulge how much is owed between wifey and I, but we both have BA's and she has a MA. What is bad is that I am still a "dumb ol' farmer" with all that edumacation :farmer: :dunce: I too have 2.75% interest..thank goodness for consolidation loans after graduation and marriage :D

right there with ya Brian. I too will not divulge how much is owed between wifey and I, but we both have BA's and she has a MA. What is bad is that I am still a "dumb ol' farmer" with all that edumacation :farmer: :dunce: I too have 2.75% interest..thank goodness for consolidation loans after graduation and marriage :D

Tyler, you'll always be a dumb 'ol farmer to us! :D

Well the Jeep overheated at the cleanup, then ran fine the rest of the day, then overheated again while I was driving it back from the storage lot. I guess it was a little thristy - took almost 2 gallons of coolant to fill it up. Now the temp gauge barely moves past 100, so... I don't know.

And I'm still kind of worried about my 0 psi of oil pressure, might be picking up a new-to-me motor this weekend. Maybe a little bigger than the current one.
gr_burnout.gif

Well the Jeep overheated at the cleanup, then ran fine the rest of the day, then overheated again while I was driving it back from the storage lot. I guess it was a little thristy - took almost 2 gallons of coolant to fill it up. Now the temp gauge barely moves past 100, so... I don't know.

And I'm still kind of worried about my 0 psi of oil pressure, might be picking up a new-to-me motor this weekend. Maybe a little bigger than the current one.
gr_burnout.gif

Air in the system maybe? Is your oil pressure sending unit working?

Air in the system maybe? Is your oil pressure sending unit working?

Well I don't know about air in the oiling system... never ran into that being a problem before. I think it would work itself out pretty quick. The sender seems to be good, reads 40-50psi on a cold startup, after it warms up I've got nothing. It's got 175k on the motor and that's actually a lot of miles for a crappy Chrysler small block. Not like a 4.0L or anything.

air in the cooling system dummy!

Brad, you need to hook up a mechanical oil gauge and see what it reads. Worth a try.

Back