• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Elephant/Mill Creek/Bill moore 08/31/08 PICS & VIDS

Ok here they are finally! Sorry for the delay. I found out from our school Tech Support that the network at school detects major uploads or downloads and slows them up because the school has had alot of issuse with kids illegaly downloading music.

Here you go:
Waiting for Yellaheep
SD530521.jpg

RangerRick Airing Down
SD530523.jpg

Matt Returning From His Potty Break at the Start Of Red Elephant
SD530527.jpg

A Few Shots Of RangerRick
SD530534.jpg

SD530537.jpg

Waiting As Troy Checked Out the Dead Spot In His Steering
SD530538.jpg

My Exhaust Carnage
SD530540.jpg

Lunch Break at the Empire Hilton
SD530552.jpg

The Tuxedo
SD530533.jpg

The Storm Rolling In
SD530556.jpg

Us Rolling Out
SD530559.jpg

SD530561.jpg

The only one that really came out. Troy throwing some major rooster tails on the highway.
SD530564.jpg

I know my XJ is not the Truggy or Awesome in any regards!

............but the only pics of my jeep are parked in the parking lot and in the distant shots, the only real picture of me is coming back from reading the book by "Ipee Freely".....................thats lame :tears:

I guess that is the price I pay for running point.......... :)

I am just giving you grief XJboy, I'll let you guys hog all the poser shots ;)

Skully said:
I know my XJ is not the Truggy or Awesome in any regards!

............but the only pics of my jeep are parked in the parking lot and in the distant shots, the only real picture of me is coming back from reading the book by "Ipee Freely".....................thats lame :tears:

I guess that is the price I pay for running point.......... :)

I am just giving you grief XJboy, I'll let you guys hog all the poser shots ;)

SD530548.jpg

SD530560.jpg

SD530555.jpg

ColoradoRaptor said:
Speaking of name changes.........Yella is not Yella anymore!!! I vote for GREENHEEP!!:laugh: :patriot:
Nice Rig Yella.....I mean Green.......Seriously I am a little jelous!!
You really shouldnt be that jealous the thing sounds like a combination of an old john deere tractor and old box springs lol jk it is one sweet rig!

xjboy said:
You really shouldnt be that jealous the thing sounds like a combination of an old john deere tractor and old box springs lol jk it is one sweet rig!

LOL! So... where does the Tuxedo part fit in? :D

Yeah, it's not ideal with all it's noises...... but again, it's a purpose-built rig and I have yet to test it - but I've seen it's abilities...... I hope I can try the big rocks before winter.

...... But it IS going to Moab. :D

YELLAHEEP said:
LOL! So... where does the Tuxedo part fit in? :D

Yeah, it's not ideal with all it's noises...... but again, it's a purpose-built rig and I have yet to test it - but I've seen it's abilities...... I hope I can try the big rocks before winter.

...... But it IS going to Moab. :D

From Dictionary.com;

overkill

noun
1. the capability to obliterate a target with more weapons (especially nuclear weapons) than are required
2. any effort that seems to go farther than would be necessary to achieve its goal

Tuxedo........I think I started that to describe those that bring their well built rigs to wimpy trails us fellow wimps consider the limit for our equipment.....aka overkill :looney:

".........like wearing a tuxedo to taco bell."
is the words I used :)

I used that term also to describe the overly tall/built taco's, Hypoid and I saw at MSV/Coney in July, the same ones that made fun of his wife's stock looking XJ.

Yes, Yella awesome rig! fix the squeaks, you gave me nightmare about my great grandma's evil sounding rocking chair :shiver:

Last edited:
ColoradoRaptor said:
Speaking of name changes.........Yella is not Yella anymore!!! I vote for GREENHEEP!!:laugh: :patriot:
Nice Rig Yella.....I mean Green.......Seriously I am a little jelous!!
While on the trail "Yella" claimed he was on the hunt for another YELLOW XJ to mildly build up...........so he can keep his moniker...........

...........I also overheard him say something about painting the Truggy fuchsias or something along those lines..........

The color of this flower here;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/DoubleFuchsias_wb.jpg

Last edited:
Skully said:
While on the trail "Yella" claimed he was on the hunt for another YELLOW XJ to mildly build up...........so he can keep his moniker..........

...........I also overheard him say something about painting the Truggy fuchsias or something along those lines..........

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/DoubleFuchsias_wb.jpg

Yeah, I read that he was on the lookout for another yella beastie.........I guess he can keep it...:D

As for the new coat of paint..........:eyes:

Last edited:
that green comanche is beautiful

YELLAHEEP said:
Originally Posted by Skully

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uchsias_wb.jpg

SPOBI bigtime.

:D

Come on! ..........you can't deny it, you would love that color, it would be unique, then paint the exo cage pastel orange................would look beautiful!:jester:

Smittty9785; that green comanche is beautiful
"The mean green machine." .............in all the joking around, it is a sweet rig, I just have Jeep envy ;)

Last edited:
Skully said:
"The mean green machine." .............in all the joking around, it is a sweet rig, I just have Jeep envy ;)

That it is!! :thumbup:

I got to say this thread has been great, vids, pics, some humor..............

Again to everybody that went; Yellaheep, XJboy, and, Ranger Rick it was a great day with some wonderful camaraderie!

.....we need to do this again soon, say after the next two-three weekends? Maybe get a bigger turn out? .......a trail ranging in difficulty that has more obstacles for Yellaheep (with bypasses of course for us wimps.)?

............somebody else lead this time so we don't get lost :laugh3:

Whatcha think?

Last edited:
I like the idea, as I have not had a chance to wheel with ya! My club has planned a trip over Holy Cross the 24th of this month......anyone interested in joining us is welcome!

ColoradoRaptor said:
I like the idea, as I have not had a chance to wheel with ya! My club has planned a trip over Holy Cross the 24th of this month......anyone interested in joining us is welcome!

.....I am a wimp, my XJ that is.......31' 4"-4.5" lift and a factory trac lok, I would probably get destroyed at french creek:greensmok

Back