• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommend place to setup gears in NJ

Ricochet

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to get some gears installed. Looking for a reputable place in Central Jersey that will setup them up and not rape me on price. Private parties are also welcome as long as they have references and a quick turn around.

Thanks,

Keith

No experience with them, but first place that came to my mind is OK4wd in Stewartsville, NJ

The 4x4 Place in Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Thanks for the replies guys. I've actually found a local speed shop less than 2 miles from my house that gave me the best price. And best of all, since they are so close, if I have any problems, it's not an inconvenience to go back.

What did they quote you for and where are they located? I have the same situation.

A "car place" to set up Jeep gears. I guess the process is pretty similar with most vehicles, but I dunno about letting guys who don't specialize in Jeeps mess with my gears.
But that's just me ...

If the $500 is for both axles, price is inline, if thats for 1 axle, find another place.

If the $500 is for both axles, price is inline, if thats for 1 axle, find another place.

x2 that seems pretty steep for one axle.

hello.mechanic at no excuses.r/p is a 5 hour charge per axle at a total of 375 plus tax.same price no mater what is done unless installing a arb or you have wheel bearing that need service in the front.but i can say it takes me an hour just to clean the diff before the build starts.recommend dana or yukon for most cases

Well I called Jack at no excuses and despite knowing him for over 10 years and belonging to the same club, he was actually the highest in cost. The $500 is for both axles. It's not just a regular auto mechanics garage, its a speed shop that deals with race cars. An axle is an axle is an axle, there is nothing special because its a jeep. I got an extremely good vibe from the guy when I spoke with him. Like I said, i'll report back when I get them installed.

The quoted me $500 for the labor. The are called http://thecarshopnj.com/ and are located in Howell, NJ. I'll let you guys know how it goes when its completed (still waiting on parts to come in)

I had to laugh when their website advertised that they weren't going to any shows in the 2005 season. :laugh:

Are the axles out of the jeep, or are you planning on dropping the whole truck off and driving it home the next day? What kinda axles?

Where are you at in NJ? Anywhere close to Red Bank/Colts Neck?

Damn that's a lot of questions...sorry bout that. But if you're nearby I might be able to help ya out.

we are cheaper then any other 4x4 shop. and my back yard buddy charges 300 per axle.not to mention if sumthing goes wrong we have the parts in stock.but good luck i hope it goes well and probley 1 out of 8 takes 5 hours were the rest take longer but im not about time im about quality

Back