• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommend me some tires please! All-season tires, $60-90.

Kumho venture a/t's are awesome tires, and super cheap. I'm running them in 235/75r15 on my 98 classic. Great tire in the snow and rain. Seem to wear well.

I've been running these General
grabber_at2_abstract_uv;property=onlineBild.jpg

for the last year on the wife 01 235/75/15 Great tire for road and mild mud/rocks. 85 a piece at sears with 55k warranty.

I'll be getting these next time

General Grabber mt
grabber_mt_3q_uv;property=original.jpg

While you don't have to buy through tire rack, Otto has given you a great resource to read reviews and use as a baseline comparison tool for quite a few different tires. I opted for BFGAT's because I liked certian charateristics, but I also used tirerack to compare the traits of these against other tires.

iBran said:
I've heard some Costco managers can be picky about sizing; they'll only put on OEM size tires (lawsuits, anyone?). However, they've got the lowest price I've seen on the Long Trail, and that includes a road hazard warranty.

Funny you should mention that. I had Bridgestone Dueler A/T's put on my Jeep from Costco back in may, and went to 235/75's instead of the stock 225/75's. They looked it up in their computer and it wasn't listed as an "acceptable size". I assured the guy yes they would fit with out rubbing. He asked to see the Jeep, so I brought him out and showed him how much clearence I had left, and he agreed they would fit, but if they rubbed, any damage would void the warranty. I said OK, thats fine, because they're not going to rub.

Fastforward to 2 weeks ago, and my neighbor went to buy another version of the Dueler A/T's (revos), and wanted to go to 245's on a stock KJ. 245's will fit just fine on a non lifted KJ, but since it wasn't in their computer, again they refused to to it. But this time, they refused period. Wouldn't even look at the Jeep before or anything....just flat out refused to do it.

So if you're looking to go a size up, Costco isn't your best bet. If you're looking to stay the same size, you can't beat their deal. They fill the tires with Nitrogen, which is more stable than air, and therefore you don't have to add anything to them between rotations and balances. Just be sure to tell them how much you want in there when they install them. Their standard is 33psi, but I like to run about 35-38 depending on outside temp (38 when its colder) and I find I get my best milage that way, and they didn't have a problem putting in the extra pounds. Plus, the free rotations and balances for the life of the tires thing is WAY cool.

Regarding the Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts at Wal-Mart, I noticed they have both P- and LT- 235/75R15. (For my "stock" size of 225/75R15, they only have the P)

What's the difference in the tread pattern? (Both of the pics are identical on their website). All I can tell is that the P tire is S-rated (112 mph) and the LT is Q-rated (100 mph). Oh, and there's an $11 price difference, with the LTs being the more expensive of the two.

The speed rating doesn't matter; this Jeep is never going to see 90+, I just want the tire with the best grip!

iBran said:
Regarding the Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts at Wal-Mart, I noticed they have both P- and LT- 235/75R15. (For my "stock" size of 225/75R15, they only have the P)

What's the difference in the tread pattern? (Both of the pics are identical on their website). All I can tell is that the P tire is S-rated (112 mph) and the LT is Q-rated (100 mph). Oh, and there's an $11 price difference, with the LTs being the more expensive of the two.

The speed rating doesn't matter; this Jeep is never going to see 90+, I just want the tire with the best grip!

Tread pattern is the same. The LT is a 6-ply(load range C) while the P is just a 4-ply(load range B). Both have the same waranty. The LT has 14.5/32nd tread and the P has 13/32nd tread. They both have the same load capacity of 1985@50psi. Hope that answers your question. lol

MY 2 CENTS WORTH:

Firestone DESTINATION A/T

You can read reviews & view the tread at www.tirerack.com

Great on all surfaces (dry,wet,ice,snow).

Call around to different Firestone shops and haggle for the best price --they have plenty of wiggle room...

i was happy with my Dayton Timberline A/T's, very good all around tire.

i got my 4 tires for 125$ out the door they are sears trail handlers they had a month of use and they are 31" tires, got em from a local guy through bargain news here in new england

Go with P tires, better ride and handling. Don't buy BFG AT or any other AT if you don't do serious off roading. They are more likely to get loud, wear faster, be less safe in the rain, and ride and handle rougher. The Michelin LTX M/S is unbeatable. Expensive, but worth it. On a well aligned XJ, they will last 70,000 miles or more. They have about the best all around combination of attributes you will find, and they seem to never go flat or out of balance. I love them and will never switch.

Back