• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Ended Last Week

DonH

NAXJA Forum User
Got rear-ended last week, but damage is negligible. Wiped out my back up light (which I hadn't gotten around to hooking up yet) and wiped a bit of dust of the gas tank skid. Moved the Tomken bumper up just enough to scrape on the bottom of the hatch, but my 200+ lbs. jumping on the end of the swingout tire carrier cured that problem. The back up light that was on the swingout put a small ding in the hatch, as well as did one of the license plate bolts. Also a slight rip in the spare tire cover. Insurance adjuster wrote me a check for a bit over $1300. A real testimonial for the strength & toughness of Tomken's bumper/swingout! Since I'm heading west in a couple of weeks, we're delaying the repair 'till after Moab. The '87 Lincoln that hit me was driveable, but just barely. Pushed in the grill, broke all right side front lights/lenses and put a major buckle in the hood. No injuries to anyone, thankfully. XJ doesn't track off center & the body shop manager checked the "frame rails" for damage, none apparent but will put on frame machine upon return from Moab.
fb64e781.jpg

Well that sure is a bummer Don. Glad to hear that no one (including Sassy!) was hurt. Also glad to see that it certainly coulda been worse. Sounds like the insurance company took care of you. See ya in Moab!

Troy

i was in a simalar situation this past sun. only opposite.:rolleyes: It was rainy and i came up over a hill to see stopped car to make a left turn.:eek: hit the brakes swampers locked up and slid right into the rear of this car.:eek: i have a stock front bumper but i have a grill guard and lights on it. well i think the rear of this car prob looked like the front of that lincoln. DEMOLISHED!! everyone ok. but the other car was not pretty.:( my xj. HA! got some scrapes on the GG and my bumper on the drivers side was pushed back about an inch. strap and tree solved that;) the nice part was that the car i hit was a pimped out rice burner:mad: so i got some pleasure out of hitting it.:D

Glad to hear you and the XJ are both OK. My tomken saved my XJ further damage than it got when I was rounding up horses and backed into a gate post.

Look forward to seeing you in Moab.

Grant

Back