• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Armor

sjd78 said:
Those with the Thor armor, how did you wire in the tail lights? I heard you need a trailer wiring box or something like that???

Correct. You will have to combine the tail light, turn signal and brake light in one. Unlike how the stock works, with the turn signal seperate. Its quite simple really.

CanMan said:
Correct. You will have to combine the tail light, turn signal and brake light in one. Unlike how the stock works, with the turn signal seperate. Its quite simple really.
Where do you buy the necessary wiring box etc. to do this?

harwood39 said:
also how do you guys seal the holes where you bolt or rivet the armor on?? In ND we can have rust and lots of snow means water leaking in.

I found the easiest, and so far most effective, way is to use regular RTV around each of the holes between the guard and the body and then along the top edge.

how much are those THORs?? I like....but I've got a lot of other more essential mods to do before I can start budgeting those puppies in!

Wounded XJ said:
Someone told me they are not up and running anymore. Anyone know for sure?

They are still. They make batches of 5 or more at a time, to keep costs down, and to not have many sitting around. John(Avanteone) buys them from Tim(T&A XJ). He sits on them till they are sold. He's shipping out a pair early next week, and still has 2 in stock.

CanMan said:
They are still. They make batches of 5 or more at a time, to keep costs down, and to not have many sitting around. John(Avanteone) buys them from Tim(T&A XJ). He sits on them till they are sold. He's shipping out a pair early next week, and still has 2 in stock.

Excellent. Where is Auburn Offroad (Avanteone) located? Auburn, Ca.?

CanMan said:

I was talking about slickrock gear. Sorry I should have made that more clear.

SnagglePuss said:
Excellent. Where is Auburn Offroad (Avanteone) located? Auburn, Ca.?

Auburn, WA, which is just south of Seattle.

Back