• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

basically 11 inches of lift, sitting on 37s, linked up front, leafed in the rear with revolver shackles, Bilstein 5150s shocks, custom exo cage, 4.0L HO engine, 4.56 gears, 8.8 rear axle, still has the dana 30 high pinion reverse cut front axle though. It sits fairly high, but still hasnt ever flopped yet.

Rebel XJ Monster said:
basically 11 inches of lift, sitting on 37s, linked up front, leafed in the rear with revolver shackles, Bilstein 5150s shocks, custom exo cage, 4.0L HO engine, 4.56 gears, 8.8 rear axle, still has the dana 30 high pinion reverse cut front axle though. It sits fairly high, but still hasnt ever flopped yet.

if you where answering my question it really wasnt for your jeep the one in the link. :doh: But thanks

XJmania030 said:
what are the specs on this thing. it sits kinda high.

uhh where to start its kind of a bastard jeep with parts from all over and i have less then 2500 including price of jeep and tires and both axles rebuilt and new brakes. i built it tall becuase i do alot of deep water crossings(snorkel after i put the exo on) and i dont just wheel the hammers. its more stable now then it was stock , i can side hill great becuase its so wide.

d44 from 1979 f250 hp 4.10 gears stock, WELDED
14 bolt big drum 4.10 gears WELDED
homebuilt 4/5 link sched 80 (i remove one upper for wheelin)
flat cross member with clocked 231 , (clocked it using two aw4 tailhousings and 1.5" sched40 pipe feel free to ask for more info if youd like it works great )
39x15" mickey thompsons
.250" tie rod/drag link/track bar 3/4heims on the drag l and tie rod except at the pitman arm which is chevy 1ton , tierod flipped over the knucle.
Track bar has 3/4 heim on frame side and upper control arm bushing drilled out to 1/2", prolly gonna change it out to another heim.
re sye with sched80 home extended drivelines for the 113" wheel base
33" ss brake lines
procrap 13" shocks(supposed to be 14")
8" rock krawler coils
teraflex 1-3/4" spacer
home made u bolt elimators with 6 5/8" grd 8 bolts on each side, made out of 1/4" and 3/8"
spring pads on front d44 2-2.5" above and behind the axle tube for extra height and wheel base
military wrapped 3"lift main leafs , stock main leaf with eyes cutoff clamped to top of pack and all the rest of the leaves are cut to fit springs from all my leaf springs ranging from chevy-ford-dodge-toyota-jeepyj lift springs , i always keep all the leaf springs i can i got a big stack of pairs . they are inboarded and flipped around, it flexes great and NO AXLE WRAP thanks to the stiff cut to fit leaves and clamps(loose enough to slide)
95 doors
91 hatch
91 steering coloumn
89 hood
89 gas tank
91 seats
it goes on like that im sure im missing something

and please no crap about being welded frt and rear, with my driving style i break less parts being welded frt and rear due to the fact i dont have to bash up stuff and use the skinny pedal. i usualy just leave the pass locked and only lock it up for hard obsticales, yea it sucks but hey it was pretty much free and my 2500$ jeep can keep up with my buddies 6000$-18000$ TOYOTAS lol

exo cage,hydro assist, and dual cases is all coming in the next couple months

Last edited:
88rockxj said:
uhh where to start its kind of a bastard jeep with parts from all over and i have less then 2500 including price of jeep and tires and both axles rebuilt and new brakes. i built it tall becuase i do alot of deep water crossings(snorkel after i put the exo on) and i dont just wheel the hammers. its more stable now then it was stock , i can side hill great becuase its so wide.

d44 from 1979 f250 hp 4.10 gears stock, WELDED
14 bolt big drum 4.10 gears WELDED
homebuilt 4/5 link sched 80 (i remove one upper for wheelin)
flat cross member with clocked 231 , (clocked it using two aw4 tailhousings and 1.5" sched40 pipe feel free to ask for more info if youd like it works great )
39x15" mickey thompsons
.250" tie rod/drag link/track bar 3/4heims on the drag l and tie rod except at the pitman arm which is chevy 1ton , tierod flipped over the knucle.
Track bar has 3/4 heim on frame side and upper control arm bushing drilled out to 1/2", prolly gonna change it out to another heim.
re sye with sched80 home extended drivelines for the 113" wheel base
33" ss brake lines
procrap 13" shocks(supposed to be 14")
8" rock krawler coils
teraflex 1-3/4" spacer
home made u bolt elimators with 6 5/8" grd 8 bolts on each side, made out of 1/4" and 3/8"
spring pads on front d44 2-2.5" above and behind the axle tube for extra height and wheel base
military wrapped 3"lift main leafs , stock main leaf with eyes cutoff clamped to top of pack and all the rest of the leaves are cut to fit springs from all my leaf springs ranging from chevy-ford-dodge-toyota-jeepyj lift springs , i always keep all the leaf springs i can i got a big stack of pairs . they are inboarded and flipped around, it flexes great and NO AXLE WRAP thanks to the stiff cut to fit leaves and clamps(loose enough to slide)
95 doors
91 hatch
91 steering coloumn
89 hood
89 gas tank
91 seats
it goes on like that im sure im missing something

and please no crap about being welded frt and rear, with my driving style i break less parts being welded frt and rear due to the fact i dont have to bash up stuff and use the skinny pedal. i usualy just leave the pass locked and only lock it up for hard obsticales, yea it sucks but hey it was pretty much free and my 2500$ jeep can keep up with my buddies 6000$-18000$ TOYOTAS lol

exo cage,hydro assist, and dual cases is all coming in the next couple months

Hell thats pretty BA for $2500

thanks, its 82" tall and 84" wide . she made about a 250 mile round trip couple weeks ago, drive line vibrates but i have a spare pinion for the 14 bolt and tail shaft for the 231 but i didnt need either.

AirmanUtz said:
Looks VERY white trash...

I like it :)

Thanks...

This is what it looks like now

HPIM0603.jpg

Uh,....dude.

You parked on a curb.
Looks like there are several open spots in that lot there.

:wierd:

Hale

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around for a bit and I figured that here on page 111 of 'readers rigs' is as good as place as any for an introduction. Anyhow, I just bought my first Jeep in October, (actually my first hunk of American Iron period) and have since been enjoying all the goods to be found here at NAXJA. I've already fixed my leaky rear hatch, burnt out instrument lights, fitted some slightly beefier white letter AT's, and slapped a new APN header on, all with the help found here. On my list of things to tackle is getting the door hinges welded up before they progress (and shortening the check strap), and perhaps doing the $30 jc whitney RF keyless conversion, as the P.O. lost, or maybe just threw out ;), the old IR keyfobs.

I've really been pleased with the XJ so far, and pretty amazed at the amount of compression left when I did the pre-buy check. A little about my ride:
'93 Country (4.0, aw4, command trac t.c.)
I feel like I got a good deal on it, I think others were scared away by the milage??

Regardless, I just wanted to crawl out from under my rock and say hi and thanks for all the help that I've already found.:yap:
-Glen

jeepfront.jpg

jeepback.jpg

Back