• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reader's Rig's

Couple of pics from today

Pic_018.sized.jpg

Pic_021.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

*xj-man* said:
no tow points? and how do you like it?

No, I have a d ring receiver for the back. I bought it used. It was the older model. his new ones have ends that curve inward towards the vehicle and standard d ring mounts. Other than that it is nice and heavy duty.

I love the 3rd reverse light, I would have a 4th but I cant find the 90degree bracket, Ill have to make one.

Nice camo job! thats a sweet lookin XJ. here's mine in it's current form. as
lonestar said...in a constant state of evolution. .Sorry the pics kinda suck...its the best my little camera could do. Specs are: 94, 4.0 ax-15. 5" lift using s-10 springs, shackles i made and PORC 4.5" springs. Soon to get JKS lowers RE uppers and 33" trxus mt tires. 3.55 gears. 44 rear w/ crown vic disc. I just got the 102" whip antenna on there and i love it. its already taken more abuse than my firestick and gets better reception/transmission.

butler1.jpg

butler2.jpg

butler3.jpg

butler4.jpg

muddygp said:
lonestar said...in a constant state of evolution. .Sorry the pics kinda suck...its the best my little camera could do. Specs are: 94, 4.0 ax-15. 5" lift using s-10 springs, shackles i made and PORC 4.5" springs. Soon to get JKS lowers RE uppers and 33" trxus mt tires. 3.55 gears. 44 rear w/ crown vic disc. I just got the 102" whip antenna on there and i love it. its already taken more abuse than my firestick and gets better reception/transmission.

butler1.jpg

Kona sucks, Get a Specialized...:jester:

Konas are awesome. I'd take a demo 8 or 9 over it though. The bike behind my kona is a specialized actually. its a stump jumper from the 90s. got it for free.

sbhd8o.jpg

sbh91i.jpg

specs:

'87 XJ 4.0L AW4 NP231, Front d44 rear 9" from '79 bronco full width, 4.88 gears with detroit in rear, 6" of total lift RE 4.5" leafs in rear with 1.25" shakle RE 5.5" coil up front with 14" bilstien 5150, custom 2 link front end. 33" MTR for now, planning on going to 35 or 36 in the future. Need to work on some skid protection all I got now are rocky road rocker gaurds.

Bryan

Last edited:
muddygp said:
Konas are awesome. I'd take a demo 8 or 9 over it though. The bike behind my kona is a specialized actually. its a stump jumper from the 90s. got it for free.

I actually run an 03 Specialized Stump Jumper Pro frame with all xc accessoreis discs the whole nine yards(built it myself not bought). I am an xc guy but my bud thats is in to more DH runs a Specialized Enduro fully loaded.

I'm just raggin' you i amctually love Kona's but I am too cheap, thats why I custom built my XC bike, Cost about $400 less to build and buy everything myself than buy a complete bike.

That Stinky De Lux is a sweet ride...

muddygp said:

about that discconversion i bought a 44 with a conversion ni idea what it was the caliper brackets are welded on to the axle tube, is it it posible to send a pic of your set up i want to compare i need to find out what parth i have on this thing and am looking for brake line sugestions. thanx

You need the discs off a 94 or newer crown vic. I got mine at a salvy yard. The brackets are cast aluminum and bolt on to the same bolt pattern as the 44. Check out http://www.jeepin.com/features/cvdiscs/index.asp for a great write-up on this. Its a fairly simple conversion, just definately get the rubicon parts they mention in this write-up and definately get some new axle tube seals nomatter how good you think yours are! I learned this the hard way. The e-brake is a bit of a pain to hook up but if you can weld you can make little brackets for it. Good luck, any more questions feel free to PM me. I can try and do some pics for you if ya like, i gotta pull my tires off this weekend anyway so let me know if you still need them.
-Jon

My lowly daily driver

jeep.jpg

jeep1.jpg

99 Sport
4.0L
K&N FIPK
62mm TB
Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Back

some pics:
bw2xv.jpg

3 wheeling to the extreme. love it.
cornerlightsmall27uu.jpg

clear corners i got when they came out. paid waaaay too much for them back in the day.
dynamite44andtysjeep25yx.jpg

salt shack trail at george washington national forest's (GWNF) dry river district, outside of harrisonburg, VA.
urbanrecoveryjpegnotags3qc.jpg

the infamous urban recovery. i did this with a couple of buddies from my local club to familliarize ourselves with the winch attachment for my friend's hi-lift.
xjintherain29kf.jpg

old pic. old wheels, no front lift.

justparkinglights23me.jpg

right when i got the 30s. old rims and no front lift.

sideviewindriveway29mf.jpg

cameraphone pic when i got the new rims on. still no front lift.
allthestuffinplace23nh.jpg

some painted interior bits. i did the airbag cover too, but that was a little much. blue bulb in the shifter now. silver and black pedals, silver gauge overlay from speedhut, silver and black seat covers. see a theme?

bothtails5co.jpg

tail light mod. no more orange. i used lens repair tape, then covered the seams with AVS slotted tail light covers. looks OE!

16sv1.jpg

rocklights. D rings hanging off of the front hitch.

Back