• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Vs. RK Short Arms

gt247life04

NAXJA Forum User
Right now my jeep is sitting at about 4-4.5" of lift with stock control arms and I plan upgrading immediately and wanted to share my options and see what you guys think. I have two options on the top of my list:

Option#1
A set of used fixed upper and lower super flex control arms from a 4.5" RE lift ($250)
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=263&Pn=1945&XnPath=173,180,251,263&Vid=4775B66538685

Option#2
A brand new adjustable upper and lower Rock Krawler control arms
(about $320)
http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/27374
http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/27375

Any comments, suggestions, or questions are appreciated. I know you guys will lend some valuable information and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

I looked for the link for the uppers but they seem to have removed it. I did not plan on buying the RE arms new, like I said a friend has a set of uppers and lowers for $250 that I have dibs on if I want them. Does anybody have any first hand experience with these arms? Thanks.

Does anyone else have an opinion or preference to one of the arms that I asked about? Or do you think I would be better to throw down the cash and get a RK 3link? Thanks for any help!

gt247life04 said:
Does anyone else have an opinion or preference to one of the arms that I asked about? Or do you think I would be better to throw down the cash and get a RK 3link? Thanks for any help!

I have the RE arms that you talked about and so far I have had no problems, they slide over rocks well, and are super easy to install and maintain. That being said, if I had the bank to support it, I would be moving up to the RK 3-Link (1 for the added flex, and 2 for the long arm smooth ride.)

gt247life04 said:
SOUNDS TO ME like your having 2nd thoughts about short arms..... and i say good!

if you have welding/grinding facilities...save up and get the rk 3 link,(fitment dictated welding on my install, id recommend you have the option of welding before you hack off your old front suspension mounts) You'll be that much further ahead, and its relatively cheap compared to other long arm 'upgrades'

I'm running the RE lower arms. They're good quality but I wish I hadn't gotten em. They're no longer than the stock arms, they offset the mounts a little lower in order to help compensate and correct the angles. Mind you these are the arms off a 3.5" lift. I don't think the 4.5" has different arms if you get fixed. I'd say go adjustable or long, that way you have room to grow. I'm gonna have to put more money into this in order to make it right with either drop brackets or long arms anyways.

just to let you know, the rk adj arms, adjusted as far out as rk says is safe is the same as stock lenth, bought new upper and lower arms and sold em before i ever even installed em and picked up a clayton long arm kit, plus the rk joints are known to wear out fast

My ThumperXJ has the RE superflex fixed length uppers and lowers on a straight 4 inch lift. Ride is good, flex is awesome, and they were cost effective. HOWEVER. I dont plan on goin any taller on Thump, SO! If I WERE, Id automatically pony up for a quality long arm. Just sayin.

Back