• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re-centering axle? Help!

It would be a crazy coincidence to happen at the same time as the flare install, but mine looked like that when I sheared a leaf spring centering pin. Does it look exactly the same on both sides?

Never mind, looks like this was resolved and I somehow didn't see the the full thread.

I replaced the center pins with grade 8 bolts, just rounded the hex head on the bench grinder. Those suckers should never break!!

Well got one side done and gained about 3/8" of lift, all the leafs were backwards. Also moved them into the right order( longest to shortest) very little change on axle location.

If the main leaf stayed in the same orientation, then the center pin would have been in the same place regardless of how the other leafs were positioned. Is the main leaf a factory XJ leaf?

If the main leaf stayed in the same orientation, then the center pin would have been in the same place regardless of how the other leafs were positioned. Is the main leaf a factory XJ leaf?

Not sure if it's a stock xj leaf or not.

Last edited:
Ok everyone i came up with a solution. You all may not agree with me but here what I came up with. I drilled a new center hole 1 inch closer to the front of the vehicle in the top most leaf, shifted all the other leafs along with axle to new hole and lined every thing up perfectly!
f965a433e1683f9978f12fda2aea29ab.jpg
9bc1be64225f876fc9e1212bce570351.jpg
1622f2fb7767ca6bf18046c379273d2f.jpg

Back