• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

(Ramen) Is it just me...

Healthy food = $$$ witch is why poor people are fat..

:shhh:

Organic food is expensive.

Healthy food doesn't have to be expensive. The ground turkey I buy at costco costs less than 80% ground beef at safeway.

Chicken is way cheaper than steak.

People are fat because they are lazy. No need to hand them a crutch.

Go to an Asian market. They have some really spicy ones. They cost a little more, but they are bigger and better.

I dont know about anyone else, but the asain market near my house is REALLY stinky. Theyve also got some live-small animals in the back, frogs, etc.

I went once, never again

I get some weird looks when i went in there:doh:

Nothing against asains, just vast cultural differences.

Organic food is expensive.

Healthy food doesn't have to be expensive. The ground turkey I buy at costco costs less than 80% ground beef at safeway.

Chicken is way cheaper than steak.

People are fat because they are lazy. No need to hand them a crutch.

Turkey gives me horrible gas - we're talking about paint-stripping stuff. Ergo, I don't eat it often.

I can handle chicken about three nights in a row before I need to eat something else for a change - beef usually comes up next in order (or pasta. Or...)

You're right tho - healthy food doesn't have to be expensive, but an awful lot of it is. Not eating healthy is not strictly about laziness.

Couple in the factoid that food you cook for yourself is generally healthier than "nuke & serve," and almost always healthier (potentially) than fast food - but the dissolution of the American Economy has lead to needing both parents to work - and by the time they're done, they certainly don't feel like cooking. We ate healthier - and were healthier, psychologically and physiologically - when Dad worked and Mum kept house (or, in some cases, the other way 'round.)

With Mum & Dad both out working, how likely is it that they'll spend an hour making dinner? Considering they're probably both famished anyhow, and would rather eat in five minutes than sixty. Look at the prevalence of fast home recipes, and you'll see what I'm talking about (it's an attempt to get people to cook for themselves again, by showing them they don't have to put so much time into it. It's a middle ground - it's healthier than fast food, but could be better if one could put a bit more time and energy into it.)

With Mum & Dad both out working, how likely is it that they'll spend an hour making dinner? Considering they're probably both famished anyhow, and would rather eat in five minutes than sixty. Look at the prevalence of fast home recipes, and you'll see what I'm talking about (it's an attempt to get people to cook for themselves again, by showing them they don't have to put so much time into it. It's a middle ground - it's healthier than fast food, but could be better if one could put a bit more time and energy into it.)

I think that depends on how you view cooking. As a chore or a fun thing to do.

You're right tho - healthy food doesn't have to be expensive, but an awful lot of it is. Not eating healthy is not strictly about laziness.

I'm not talking about laziness in cooking I'm talking about getting off your butt and running a few miles a week. If you have injuries use a bike or eliptical.

I know a body builder that eats twinkies and other fatty cakes all day at work, He's not fat.

Back