• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio Communications

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
This will be my first time wheeling with the SEC, so I'm wondering if there is a particular radio frequency for trail comms that you guys normally use? Are you all going to be on the 2-meter band, or the FRS band? (If you use the FRS band, I'll have to look up how those channels match up with frequencies in MHz.)

This will be my first time wheeling with the SEC, so I'm wondering if there is a particular radio frequency for trail comms that you guys normally use? Are you all going to be on the 2-meter band, or the FRS band? (If you use the FRS band, I'll have to look up how those channels match up with frequencies in MHz.)
Most of us have the Baofeng radios. That's what I'm bringing to use. I think mine are the UV-5R but when I get home I'll see and reply here. They work pretty well at Harlan (way better that most CB's do).

Right. I'll be bringing a couple of Baofengs, and I also have a 50-watt radio installed in the dash. I assumed nobody would be using a CB and took the CB out of my rig years ago.

My question is, what frequency do you all use? Or is that typically a game-time decision?

Right. I'll be bringing a couple of Baofengs, and I also have a 50-watt radio installed in the dash. I assumed nobody would be using a CB and took the CB out of my rig years ago.

My question is, what frequency do you all use? Or is that typically a game-time decision?
It's usually a game time decision.

I've got a Baofeng, but no charger. It's been dead since 2018. The SEC has (had) about 8 or 10 Baofeng's that we purchased that are loaner radios for these events. I assume they are still out there.

We usually make the call on site because the one we chose usually ends up crowded.

Back