• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick rant about Wrangler drivers

In our 4x4 club here in town, we always catch people who have rigs that look like they might want to wheel with us, inviting them to come along. I've invited at least 10-15 wranglers and not a single one has ever come out.

We've had path finders, (come out and blow up their IFS, lol) wagoneers, land cruisers, 2wd rangers, you name it. But never a wrangler. Ever. People buy them to look like they are cool for owning a "classic" Jeep visage. At least around here they do.

i believe im quoting Kman here...

"my jeep can do everything yours can do, but for about $25,000 less"

meh. socal is filled with mall crawlers and lifted 2wd pick ups so the jeep wave doesn't really exist, at least around where i live. like said before tons of people buy wranglers simply for the novelty of driving a jeep. i could care less what a wrangler owner thinks, just keep wheelin

images
haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Just some hater salad man. Let it go.

Some years ago while driving my XJ, I happened to wave at a TJ. This guy proceeded to speed up, cut in front of me, and brake check me HARD. I didn't get upset, I was just wondering WTF. Now I just don't wave at anybody. Problem solved.

And once in Big Bear, while we were getting ready to give a TJ a yank, I heard the driver tell someone on the CB that he was getting a pull from a "POS Cherokee". We helped him anyway.

I would have gotten on the radio and said some idiot barbie jeep got himself stuck and you had to unstick him :firedevil

as fun as it would be to leave him, i'd probably still help him anyway. no reason to act as rude as the wrangler people, be the better person ;)

I would draw the line at the smack talking over the CB. after he said he was being pulled out by a POS cherokee i'd have got on the CB and said "not any more" and unhooked him.

I sure hope you're not implying that a CJ is a Wrangler.
I've come across a higher percentage of jerk short wheelbase guys. But I still see plenty more who wave at me first because I'm not paying attention...:D

This kind of thing gets me once in a while
At work not long ago some fat girl came in, not knowing it was mine and said "OMG what is that stupid thing out there with no doors? ew its not even a real jeep!", then puttered off in her JK her dad bought her

I drive a XJ and a LJ and have owned a YJ, a few Sidekicks, a Samurai, and a 1st gen Scout.

With the YJ and now the LJ, folks are always looking for me to wave at them, especially complete stockers. Since there are so many of them now, I wave only if I'm not in traffic (Driving is my #1 job, not waving).

With the other vehicles, I have never gotten so much as a finger wiggle from a Wrangler driver. Do I care? Nope. I used to ride MC and every early driver got a subtle wave. As the year progressed, only Harley drivers did (Exclusively to each other). Never bothered me then either.

On the trail, it's all the same. Some vehicle's wheelbase fits an obstacle well, and some don't. Everyone needs help now and again, and I will help anyone who needs it.

The OPs Wrangler/XJ rant is taken for what I paid for it ;)

I think the worse I have ever gotten from a driver was from this guy @ a chemical recycle center. He took one look at the 33X12.50's on the YJ and said with a sly smile "Do you get good gas mileage with those?". I smiled and said, "Nope, but that's OK, it goes where I want it to". I hopped in my open topped YJ and he hopped in his Prius.

Last edited:
I just out wheel them and laugh....

At work not long ago some fat girl came in

But was she hot?

As a modified LJ driver, I wave at any modified Jeep. I feel they are just as dumb as me for throwing money into a money pit.

It is what separates us from the animals, that and them not having thumbs.

Back