• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

proracedriver616's "jeeplife" story

where have all the good cherokees fs gone

crappy luck with vendors strikes again...i ordered my axle swap kit (perches, pads, u bolts, shock mounts) from ruffstuff last wednesday and for some reason it didnt get shipped out till today. A week and a half just to process an order, thats crap, i guess my rear axle isnt getting swapped this weekend!

I bet it was due to them being gone the week you placed your order in California for the King of the Hammers race. Almost the entire company was out there helping fix broken race cars. Probably took them awhile to get everything back to normal once they got back.

Granted they should of had something on their website saying so, but they are a good company and usually ship stuff extremely fast.

Re: where have all the good cherokees fs gone

Yeah, please don't be too updet with RuffStuff. Dan is a great guy and their products are top notch. I know when I was out there for KOH last year the entire Ruff Stuff staff was busting arse fixing people's rigs.

I got my RuffStuff tracking number and my axle swap kit should be here on tuesday, although i was bummed to not be able to do the rear axle swap this weekend im glad itll be here soon and ruffstuff products are def. worth a little wait. I also got my t-case and sye up to dutch so thats one less thing we'll have to do next weekend(thanks mike!). And aparently the 4 week wait on the t and j stuff was a "worst case scenario" cause i got a shipping confirmation from them today and my springs and upper shock conversion should show up on wednesday.

I found a guy on craigslist selling a pair of brand new 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 wheel adapters for $55 so i went ahead and bought em just to get the rear wheels on until i can get the rear axle in.

I stopped by troys house to give him the title and rest of the parts i had lying around for the mj and threw the rear wheels on while i was there, looks much better sitting on 35s on all 4 corners lol. Today was a good day, and I even had my own jeep model jump in the pic!

8480982620_9cc8bb644e_b.jpg

8479890807_3682e75ef9_b.jpg

Nawwww, the tars are that big. :D

She is a cutie!

I got my RuffStuff tracking number and my axle swap kit should be here on tuesday, although i was bummed to not be able to do the rear axle swap this weekend im glad itll be here soon and ruffstuff products are def. worth a little wait. I also got my t-case and sye up to dutch so thats one less thing we'll have to do next weekend(thanks mike!). And aparently the 4 week wait on the t and j stuff was a "worst case scenario" cause i got a shipping confirmation from them today and my springs and upper shock conversion should show up on wednesday.

I found a guy on craigslist selling a pair of brand new 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 wheel adapters for $55 so i went ahead and bought em just to get the rear wheels on until i can get the rear axle in.

I stopped by troys house to give him the title and rest of the parts i had lying around for the mj and threw the rear wheels on while i was there, looks much better sitting on 35s on all 4 corners lol. Today was a good day, and I even had my own jeep model jump in the pic!

Same thing happened to me when I ordered my steering and panhard kit. The sales guy at Ruff Stuff told me flat-out there were only 2 guys working the entire office during KOH and they'd be pretty slow getting it out. It took about a week for it to be processed and shipped.

They were so slammed when they got back, they ended up sending me the wrong adapters for the DOM tube and left out a collar nut for the Heim. I called them up and they overnighted me the parts that day. I am/was super impressed with that company. So many businesses just don't give a s%#+ that it's nice to work with one that does.

Jim

I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of rear hannemann flares! Chris at CODE4x4 in rifle had a brand new pair for sale after selling the truck they were supposed to go on:

8486867153_50efe7da15.jpg

I called him this morning and paid for em, not only did i get a great deal on them, but hes meeting me breckenridge saturday after next to pick them up. When i get these fitted along with my 5.5" springs i should have a very similar look/stance to the loose nuts rig!

8487960626_d7b641d33f_b.jpg

I saw those fenders on Craigs......... I just knew you'd end up with 'em.... :laugh:

You gonna poke a tire through the hatch too?

Got my first round of parts

8496942134_c196dea1fa_b.jpg

The upper shock mount conversion from T and J looks pretty badass..a lot beefier then the hokey ones jks makes. The huge stud/nut goes through the existing shock hole on the jeep then you drill an additional 1/2" hole through the tower, so the bolt that holds the shock in place also goes through the shock tower too, and ill be stitch welding mine in place when i get around to getting them in.

8495838665_3821f04560_b.jpg

Example of the kit installed:

images

I also ordered up a pair of HD Offroad Engineering shackle relocation boxes tonight, so those should be here in the next couple weeks. Sometime in the near future ill be buying a tnt customs rock runner front winch bumper too. Getting excited now that i have a clear direction/goal for my build!

I thought you were keeping the bumper off of the MJ. What's the plan for that one? (hint hint)

I thought you were keeping the bumper off of the MJ. What's the plan for that one? (hint hint)

no, this whole thing started with troy buying "just" the bumpers and sliders, and turned into him buying pretty much everything but the axles ha ha. I would run that bumper on my xj but it went as part of the deal, so ive been looking at tube winch bumpers that have kind of a prerunner look to them. So far tnt has the best looking to me out of all that ive looked at.

So i have my dd car sold but i told the kid he cant pick it up till i find a new car to replace it, ive been looking at craigslist and autotrader, here, ebay, everywhere for the last 4 days and theres nothing good im finding out there. Does anybody here have a good condition xj they wanna sell for <4 grand that doesnt have a bazillion miles on it? I would prefer a 90-96 but i would turn away a good deal on a 97-01. 5 speed is prefered but ill take auto if i cant find anything else

seth

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3642052954.html

Back