• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

curious to see how those boostwerks shackles work out for ya.. Ive been debating on ordering me a set.

Me too. Aesthetically and weight wise there is no comparison. I'm anticipating the same result functionality wise. Part of why I bought more of his stuff.

took advantage of a short day at work (only 10.5 hours today woohoo) and decided to get some work done on the jeep. Biggest things i wanted to tackle were the coil mounts and the lower links.

For the coil mounts, youll notice they are inbound from the LCA mounts. I knew it was going to be like that and am ok with it. Like i said, i didnt want to have to cut away a ton more cast on the drivers side. but they are supported all around and welded up

image_zpsttogyytn.jpeg

Both coils sit perfectly straight with no arch or latteral offset like ive seen on some 60 swaps.

I also was able to knock out the lower links. These are 1.25 heims on both ends. eye to eye currently is 29", with the tube being 23.25" each, which puts me at about 108" wheelbase, but ill confirm that once the jeep is actually on its own weight. Again, no welder, but included the pic because why not.

image_zpsa0zgiqzr.jpeg

image_zpsnu1xmfn3.jpeg

image_zps8fi8p8i6.jpeg

Also depends what axle side mounts you ran. Keep in mind this is just how it sits currently, not finalized. I also have 2" rear stretch as well.

2" .250 wall dom for the lowers.
same think i used. they look small in the picture. but then again, these joints make everything look small. lol.

ive been building a 3 link lately. with the mount all the way back to the front edge of the crossmember i ended up with a 36" eye to eye measurement on the lowers, on only about 1" of stretch. damn things weigh 20# each.

No doubt. They weigh a ton for sure. It's absolutely ridiculous. One joint outweighs the stock stuff

same think i used. they look small in the picture. but then again, these joints make everything look small. lol.

ive been building a 3 link lately. with the mount all the way back to the front edge of the crossmember i ended up with a 36" eye to eye measurement on the lowers, on only about 1" of stretch. damn things weigh 20# each.

Same 2" x .25 DOM for mine, too. My frame side is right at the cross member and I have 40" lowers. I have 1 1/2" rear stretch and I'm at about 110" WB.

Lots of scratches and scars on the links but haven't had any bending at this long link length. (And I haven't been gentle on them.)

Same 2" x .25 DOM for mine, too. My frame side is right at the cross member and I have 40" lowers. I have 1 1/2" rear stretch and I'm at about 110" WB.

Lots of scratches and scars on the links but haven't had any bending at this long link length. (And I haven't been gentle on them.)

What am I missing here and with the OP? 108-110" WB with 1.5-2" rear stretch? Stock XJ W is 101.4", right? So you're stretching the front 5-7"? Doesn't add up to me.

What am I missing here and with the OP? 108-110" WB with 1.5-2" rear stretch? Stock XJ W is 101.4", right? So you're stretching the front 5-7"? Doesn't add up to me.

Likely that the stock WB is more like 106. Which makes up for the differences in your numbers.

mine was 105.5 stock. last few have been in the 104-106 range. My rear stretch is just to offset the shrink from the lift leaf springs. Front isnt really pushing forward much.

Stock was in the 101+ range....

If you look at stock axle brackets, they put the coil pretty far off center forward. Typical swap brackets get them closer to or on the axle centerline. That in itself gets some stretch. When I had normal steering and a HP 44 I stretched the front about 3" and that was about all I could do with a steering box moved slightly forward and a bigger pitman arm. Mine now has full hydro, and I moved my upper coil mounts and did do a big stretch. Front of my 38s are even or just past the face of my bumper.

What makes it even bigger of a stretch is that most XJs with a bolt on lift (depending on lift) get the WB shortened substantially by the geometry of the arms and leaf packs so they fit the tire in the wheel opening at full stuff. I think my RE 4.5 short arm was under 100" at ride height. Long arms probably steal less WB.

This is 110": (this might be 111" before I pulled the front back a hair)

Last edited:
Back