• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Rattle Rattle

Re: Project: The Silver Bullet

Fix your CB while your learning.

mac 'please' gyvr

yes, on my to do is a much better radio.

Oh yeah...the tunes look like they will sound great.

Maybe louder than grandpa Dan's?

Are you going to paint your interior trim silver too?

mac 'or paint the interior trim red?' gyvr

red trim might be cool, but if i did that id have to do the door handle bezel and speaker grills and passenger air bag pad maybe slap of giant stickers all done the side...

ricer style

^^^ LOL

Were did you get the radio? I like the wireless syncing of the phone. That may mean new radio for the truck and move the ol' Kenwood to the jeep

this was from best buy
$130 i think

Mines pretty loud for a grandpa.

Silver dash is sweet.

you dont have a sub in there do you?
banggin boat speakers right?

You can trust i know ricer

this was an eclipse i did up many years ago. slow as shit but it looked cool. and had 3 12s in the back with a huge amp.

yea i was cool.

was my ex-wifes but i drove it alot. 25+mpgs baby!

Yep, a 8" sub in a tube. Boat speakers are awesome

i would imagine that sounds badass.

in reality this set up is a bit much, its more gansta thumping than good bass, but most of it i had from my old days, so that what i went with.

my other brother threw an old bazooka bass tube 10in in his. thats sounds good.

^^^ My second favorite rice burner. But needs to be AWD and turbo

man, i had the under body glow lights and washer squinter lights, i had the interior all painted up like dans, i took it to a trim shop and changed all the cheap cloth trim on the doors and other areas to black leather, 18in chrome wheels and some sweet racer style bfg's, clear tail light, the whole 9. it was PIMP.

i put zero motor work in it, except the big loud ass fart can.

straight poser.

man, i had the under body glow lights and washer squinter lights, i had the interior all painted up like dans, i took it to a trim shop and changed all the cheap cloth trim on the doors and other areas to black leather, 18in chrome wheels and some sweet racer style bfg's, clear tail light, the whole 9. it was PIMP.

i put zero motor work in it, except the big loud ass fart can.

straight poser.

This was a year or two ago?

mac 'back in the day?' gyvr

Another good TBT photo!

mac 'and its thursday!' gyvr

^^^ LOL

Were did you get the radio? I like the wireless syncing of the phone. That may mean new radio for the truck and move the ol' Kenwood to the jeep

pm redheep for the pioneer radio model ##

it's $100 and does all the bluetooth stuff.

no cd drive, but come on, cd's are dead.

maybe.

I don't know what the fuss is though. This one has a full 5 band eq that you can adjust.

regardless, pick anything that is mechless and has bluetooth 3.0+ and you'll get the features you want.

Re: Re: Project: The Silver Bullet

maybe.

I don't know what the fuss is though. This one has a full 5 band eq that you can adjust.

regardless, pick anything that is mechless and has bluetooth 3.0+ and you'll get the features you want.

Nice! I'll have to check it out. I was browsing at the wally world yesterday and they have a dual like that with no CD player. And it was only $50. I had a dual back in the day and it wasn't all bad. May give it a try.

so i am jumping back into the steering on this rig:repair:
my steering was installed by someone i thought was one of our top guys at work, well its not right and i think between it not being right and that axle crushing hole i got stuck in, it my be screwed up.

so im gonna diy a redo here in hopes that i can get it better.
dumb question but hay im still learning and im in my own driveway.

the little movable ball on the inside of a heim joint should be somewhat easy to move by hand right?

one of them, does move if i shove a bolt in it and apply a ton of pressure but that seems a bit much unless they are not supposed to move
the other, no movement

Last edited:

Both of the heims on my IRO steering flop around. They should move, but I'm not sure how much resistance is correct.

they should rotate easily.

they shouldn't move side to side in relation to the race.

you're supposed to clean them after yo put them in the mud. ;)

OK, noted that i should do a little maintenance on these. i was unaware. from now on i know to take care of them.

one will not move no matter what and the other is very hard. the other 2 (lt side and upper drag link) move fine.
it also torn apart the sleeve thingys. so i just ordered about 65 bucks worth of new parts.

until then, the jeep sits on jack stand in the driveway.

I keep mine coated in white lithium grease out of an aerosol can, I don't think they squeak but I might just not hear them over other parts of my jeep that are making noise.... er working ;)

Back