• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Rattle Rattle

Re: Project: The Silver Bullet

did you have to cut some off the little box under the tail lights to get the hatch to shut? Since it came off a 93, the tail lights were wider...never thought about that.

Yep sure did. closed the hatch and it bounced right off. ok grab the cutter.

no biggie. just a couple of quick cuts and it fit perfect. just need to throw some paint on the cuts

Looks good. How did it mount up? Did it just use the factory holes or did it also use the hitch bolts?

It has nut stirps so 4 bolts in the factory locations then strips that slide in the frame and the hitch and skid will bolt into the bumper

I was thinking that it had 12 or 14 bolts total in its mounting...I have slept since then. It has taken some serious yanks on the shackle/mounts and it has held true. I hope it continues to provide several years of service to you as well.

Cheese "quarter pounder w/ chz" Man

I was thinking that it had 12 or 14 bolts total in its mounting...I have slept since then. It has taken some serious yanks on the shackle/mounts and it has held true. I hope it continues to provide several years of service to you as well.

Cheese "quarter pounder w/ chz" Man

Yea, there will be a total of 12 bolts holding it in. it is hella sturdy with the 8 that are holding it in the factory location. should be just fine with the 4 in the frame also

I still have the designs and templates for that set up...it kind of has me excited to get back to building a few items. But what is bad is that I can buy the JCR DIY kit and it is actually cheaper for me than the time I have to put into building one now a days. I always built stuff for fun, not for profit.

Cheese "likes to burn metal" Man

got some new D-rings for the rear. painted them a nice red and slapped them on.

really liking the look of this thing coming together.

The Red D-Rings will be easier to find in the snow......

So my plan is to have my sliders welded to my stiffeners since the sliders brackets are a bit jacked.

from start to finish, does anyone have a good time guesstimate on how long it would take to weld up the stiffies and sliders?

the guy thats helping me get it done is planing on wed evening and there is only about 4 hours to play with there
he says no prob but last thing i need is a half finished truck

From what I remember about the last time I did stiffys on the 01, the prep work takes the longest. Depends on how stubborn the undercoat junk is.

I did my stiffiners on three different days.

My front was done when the axle was out, it was nice not to have all the crap in the way.

Total, including cleaning the frame, prob ~2 hours per section.

So it will be cutting it pretty close.

by the way, its only the mid section and i already removed all the black crap

So it will be cutting it pretty close.

by the way, its only the mid section and i already removed all the black crap

If you have it all cleaned up the hard part is already done....

Ram" Lots of stuff welded on my heep now"Rod

What did you guys use to remove the stuff?

This is what i used.

18E847_AS01.JPG

seemed to come off pretty simple just time consuming. and my shoulder would get tired often.

this is a pic of when i was doing it.

my buddy stayed late to help me get some welding done

1st i had to make a couple adjustments to better fit my jeep.

then got it all grinned down. I am not sure if this job would have not been easier on the ground. I was basically bear hugging that hoist most of the time. I think I got to second base with it:smootch:.

so before Winterfest the bro's and i played in the back lot a little bit.

all was going well

then rew wanted me to get on top of the hill. i told hime that i would just dig down and get stuck, but he insisted.

i got stuck in the parking lot at work at 5ppm for everyone to see:anon:

rew had to pull me out...

winterfest came and although i had issues i had a blast in my jeeps 1st time out.

my wife felt much more comfortable in this jeep than the pile i used to drive. she even drove for the st time out in the dunes and a little white trail before we wrapped up Saturday. i think she may come out more often.

i knew that wf would not be a good time to test if these tires are any good. but id say they did a decent job. the true test will be in the summer months.

got it home safe and sound.

most know but for those that were not there. i took a nasty line and got stuck pretty bad and found out how dangerous ice can be.

frankenspare is mine for a while

i have a few more pics i will get up later on

Back