• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project L.A.S.R.

He's just mad because he had to drop some coin to add the jungle gym because the "Free Candy" sign wasn't gettin it anymore.:roflmao:

Gregg knows I'd follow him on a trail anywhere, well at least till I could get around him...:laugh:

Alas....that's the truth.:bawl: For now anyway. I'm hoping once the true Evolution shafts are in the rear and the 44 is in the front, that won't happen anymore.:D

I know that if I did break a shaft, you'd wait with me till I fixed it. I mean I might need to borrow...say a jack stand or something.

unofficial radio chatter....

gregg: you coming ?
mark: no, i think im broke
gregg: broke? a shaft again ?
mark: yeah, its not moving
<background noise> zoooooooooooom
gregg: What was that ?
mark: idk, a bird
gregg: no sounded like a plane
KP: sorry that was L.A.S.R. see you guys at the top

Alas....that's the truth.:bawl: For now anyway. I'm hoping once the true Evolution shafts are in the rear and the 44 is in the front, that won't happen anymore.:D

I know that if I did break a shaft, you'd wait with me till I fixed it. I mean I might need to borrow...say a jack stand or something.

ill only wait for ya the next three times...after that ill be outta jack stands.

why does everyone spell my name with 3 g's?

I got the 30's mounted and balanced on the Eccos today, and the best part is, it was FREE !

4041300640_9cd6f4fd6f_o.jpg

test fitting the wheels
4040553237_ef41d064ea_o.jpg

4040553261_02da8db2f1_o.jpg

i think im might work on getting the windshield out tomorrow and maybe some other small things

well ive been busy lately with work and the C4C lot in my back yard but i did mange to score a few new parts (2000 engine wiring harness and ecu with federal emissions, driver door, infinity speakers and amp, and a few small screws and bolts i didn't have. Also i made a game plan for the "A" pillar damage.

header mock-up, i kinda like the look of the black and silver
4073594030_b1d4b05620_b.jpg

heres the messed up roof line
4072796117_b4bd0e1983_b.jpg

the correct height from the flat spot on the top of the rocker panel to the roof line is 39.5" (as measured on my current DD)
4073556262_db249b1ded_b.jpg

LASeR's same measurement is about an 3/4 less
4072796179_d51c133a87_b.jpg

so im gonna drill out the spot welds, pry the metal apart, removing the old. I will cut a 2x4 and place it in the door open to hold the roof line up and then tack in a new pillar. I hope to keep the inside sheet metal, bending it back into place and then just replace the outer skin.

thanks for following along

Well progress is slow but i did manage to mess around with the pillar some more. I have the spot welds drilled out and i got a chance to go cut the "A" pillar out of the donor jeep.

4088140090_817b5e0d3d_b.jpg

donor jeep cuts (theres nothing quite like the feeling of running a sawzall through a windshield, don't worry it was already smashed)
4088140142_473aabbbf8_b.jpg

and once i got the pillar free, i dropped it on the ground and the windshield fell out, go figure...
4087382835_528850ba10_b.jpg

back side of the new pillar
4088140296_f71d098acd_b.jpg

just a few more spot welds to drill out, maybe a few small cuts, couple whacks of the BFH and this baby should fit like a glove.

So I had an awesome day at the C4C yard, met up with some friends, found new XJ jeepers, and met few fellow NAXJA members. I also picked up alot of parts for the project. (and some small things not shown)

my new rear rust free hatch
4096994142_9393741d2c_b.jpg

my new rust free door
4096994166_bd4ed85ac2_b.jpg

and last but not least, my new sunroof assembly from a ZJ complete with mounting plate :) (requires some fabing, but don't look too bad)
4096994206_44592a3fd8_b.jpg

so far i have secured all the body panels needed for a complete
"Rust Free" jeep, for now im gonna leave it black and silver, then maybe paint it all silver down the road.

To date I've added:

black header panel
black driver and pass doors
black hood
black hatch

other things i have lying around and acquired for the project are: front skid, taillight guards, infinity speakers and amp, roof rack, factory fog lights, overhead console, leather seats, etc.

I will be headed back to the yard tomorrow with more tools to get that gas tank skid off that stubborn ZJ and i have the next few days off, so im gonna try to tackle that pillar tomorrow too, wish me luck !

:patriot:

It sure is good to see so many parts in great condition living on in your new project. Those are some excellent condition body panels. It sure would be a shame to crush them.

Good luck on the pillar swap!

Sunroof....Hmmm. That would be killer!

Finally made some progress... (cut, drill, cut, drill,cut, drill)

-pulled the windshield (cut)

-hammered the old pillar as close to the original location as possible

-cut the mid section of the pillar out (the most bent part)

-drilled more spot welds off the donor part and cut it to fit

-got the donor pillar almost lined up, now it just needs a little finessing

4123730752_8cd782e8a2_b.jpg

4122960713_11f65b9920_b.jpg

4123731006_9b8df4e444_b.jpg

well its just about all set just got to measure, measure and re-measure then weld it into place.

going to look at some flux welders tomorrrow and buy one ?... maybe :sunshine:

Back