• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: Freak of Nature

Alright what am i missing on installing this seal. Front driver side inner axle seal started leaking on me about 2 weeks after the first trail ride it went on. Tore it down last weekend and replaced it. Have not driven the jeep since i replaced it and now its leaking again on the same side? Is there something im missing when installing this seal? First seal had maybe 20 miles on it and this one doesn't have 2 feet on it.

Its short side. The old seal that i took out looked like it was brand new. Didn't see any tears or anything in it? The axle shaft didn't seem to have any rough spots or anything on it either.

Is it hemmoraging oil or dripping? Maybe residual oil in the tube? Mine did that too after I had the shafts out and it eventually stopped.

Well topped the front axle off with fluid and went and played at rouch world today. Bearings melted in the electric fan causing it to get hot and smoke, winch quit working, some terrible popping sounds coming from front axle, steering needing addressed badly, and 2 crumpled front fenders. Looks like I got some work to do before next trip in a month

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Out with the old, in with the new
b6b32854796a17fce6f859f36e9a9f16.jpg

4536f91cbab73e807f635c392aba5911.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thinking of getting new shocks for the rear of the jeep. Can someone tell me if there are any benefits to running the rear shocks up thru the floor into the cargo area?

Guess i need to do some measuring tonight to see what length i need. Had some FOA 10" travel remote reservoir shocks offered to me for decent price. They were just used for mock up but don't know what they are valved for. Part of me says they might be to short for my jeep. Will have to flex it out and check i guess.

I'd recommend 12's, unless you were going to mount them offset of the axle to gain a little more travel from them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Well got back from moab and jeep didn't good. Didn't do as much wheeling as I would have liked but it was still a good vacation. Now to get jeep turn apart and prepped for winter fest.

Found that I have blown both rear shocks and bent both main leafs. Can't say much since it's just a bastard pack from stock xj springs. Been talking to quite a few people getting into and feed back on which way to go. Part of me says to ditch the leaf springs and go 4 link rear while other says keep it simple and stay leaf springs. I see pros and cons both ways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back