• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Downward Spiral

59998_542928290789_59801615_31878427_5232172_n.jpg

where was the carnage? i hope it wsnt early on the trail as it appears in the pics

where was the carnage? i hope it wsnt early on the trail as it appears in the pics

Colin had nothing to do with the door. He wasn't even present during the event.

It was about half way through Upper, trying to take a hard line up the left and I just slid over after I was 85% up it and came down on the yoke. The picture was taken after I had backed down off it.

Still waiting on some more good photos, but here are a few. I guess this was the photoless weekend, it seemed like nobody ever had cameras out for the good stuff. Haha.

FallCrawl1.jpg

FallCrawl4.jpg

FallCrawl2.jpg

Last edited:
i know where you broke the ds , seen a few others go there, i actually havent seen anyone make that left side yet

negative, tried it a few times but i never liked how it tosses you to the drivers side and not havin a cage

I had it until I slid over to the pass side, Colin can attest to that. Had I not tried to clear the stump (IIRC?) at the top I would have been over. Next time...

rev limiter would of made it

I got $50 on me making it next weekend IF it stays as dry as t was this weekend and I have my trailer :D

awesome I'm in. I'll see what I can do about picking up the trailer before then but I'm in either way. if Scott gets his junk together I'm sure he'll come as well

I had a blast!
The yoke is good. The u-joint remained on the axle side.

The door, well I'm petty upset about that. I didn't even do it, it was someone that was impatient and tried to pass me on the trail and knocked the handle in. This crushed the door and now it is perma shut unless I hack it to release the latch. The biggest issue is that door NEEDS to work, as I have to open it to fill the fuel cell. I wouldn't even be upset it I did it leaning against something, the fact that another Jeep hit me (and someone I know) is what really has me ticked.

Gimme some time to practice on my 98 and I can probably magic that door open. For the driveshaft I'd get a stock one and a 1310/1330 conversion joint to get it rolling again and use as a spare, unless the cv end is also 1330s.

Gimme some time to practice on my 98 and I can probably magic that door open. For the driveshaft I'd get a stock one and a 1310/1330 conversion joint to get it rolling again and use as a spare, unless the cv end is also 1330s.

After some careful placement with a hammer I was able to get the door open but there is no shutting it. I'm going to mess with the whole mechanism tonight. The issue is that section of the door is pushed in about 3/8" binding everything.

The only thing wrong with the shaft is the slip yoke end. Plus the stock shaft is nowhere near long enough to reach as my rear driveshaft is 43 3/4" compressed. So by the time I lengthen it makes no sense making a new shaft when I can spend a few bucks (should be <$80) and just get the right parts.

Last edited:
bill, im not sure if you said it already but how did the door get damaged?

Back