• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: #becauseracejeep

Hahahahahaaaa. It really is funny to watch it in the videos. lmaoo.

And it is so much fun. I honestly don't care about my times because I'm having too much darn fun out there!

These are BMW e36 ///M3 side skirts (Yes. They're cheapo clones. I would NEVER cut up real ones. Lol)

Here's some pics from when I was installing the driver's side (still gotta install passenger side)

Those look really good. I used mine from a blazer.

to the guy who posted the cage tie ins pic, every single race worthy cherokee has those plates, most who just beat their junk on the weekend don't bother but all the racers run plates like that everywhere they can.
Yeah. I've seen quite a few Jeepspeed builds that have done that. I was just bringing that post over from the racejeep build on CF because I thought it was a valid point on questioning frame stiffeners.

Those look really good. I used mine from a blazer.
Have any pics?

to the guy who posted the cage tie ins pic, every single race worthy cherokee has those plates, most who just beat their junk on the weekend don't bother but all the racers run plates like that everywhere they can.

Depends. I've raced my rig a few times this year and haven't noticed any fatigue/cracks (yet).

On my rig, I don't have any factory suspension mounting points up front which is where a lot of the force comes from, nor do I have any inner fenders left.

My front coilover mounts and the frame it's welded to are tied into the cage, therefore there's no more leverage on the unibody by itself.

I can understand the Jeepspeed guys doing it though, since they're using the entire unibody and factory suspension mounting points.

I really like the look with the added valance and side skirts. It make the lowered XJ look "comfortable" with a reduced stance.

I really like the look with the added valance and side skirts. It make the lowered XJ look "comfortable" with a reduced stance.
Agreed. I honestly can't believe how good it looks with the front valence and side skirts. It looks weird when I look at older pics back when it didn't have those..... Lol :dunno:

Let me know once you figure it out, I have been thinking about this for a while...

Let me know once you figure it out, I have been thinking about this for a while...
Will do! :)

Was having some misfire issues and running on 5 cylinders with racejeep... Seems like the sparkplugs were just a smidge too cold, so I just replaced them with what was in there before (Bosch Fusion). Shenanigans were had.
devil2.gif

http://youtu.be/ll0oymVDJOE

AWESUMMMM

Ordered some brand new take off front rotors, calipers, and pads from Roush Performance that came off of a 2014 Ford Mustang GT. 13.2" diameter with two piston calipers.
biggrin.gif

Also... MY VANITY PLATE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

The plate is awesome!

The plate is awesome!
:D
So... how are you going to mount the Mustang brakes on the Cherokee?
Make an adapter for the caliper. Not going to be too difficult to do. Rotors should pretty much go right on since they're 5x4.5 lug pattern. The only thing that might need to be tweaked is the center hole on the rotors (i.e. enlarged), but again, no biggie to mod them. Lol. Should be a mostly bolt-on affair... :roflmao:

Also forgot to post these pics.... This is the general idea for a traction bar. Just need to get a 1/2" steel spacer made that hangs down below the pumpkin with a 1.5" hole in it for some DOM tubing.

like the idea of the traction bar pretty simple design. If it comes out well, I would buy one from you?

like the idea of the traction bar pretty simple design. If it comes out well, I would buy one from you?
Uhh.... I guess you could.. All I'm going to do is buy a diff cover ring from RuffStuff Specialties (1/2" thick) and have them make it so there is extra material below the diff and a 1.5" hole. I think I'm also buying the DOM from them too. Then I'm just going to have a local muffler shop do the welding after I fit it.
I'm far from an expert, but I'd put the traction bar on the passenger side as it will help combat torque lean when you accelerate.
Played with that location and exhaust is in the way. It doesn't really torque lean even with hard launches though. :)
I also would *not* mount it to those tiny cover bolts.
Ehh. If the cover bolts can handle ~2000lbs of jeep slamming down onto a rock and landing on the diff cover, I think they'll handle a traction bar on a street Jeep. Lmao. If not, I could always drill them out and tap them for the smallest Grade 8 bolts that will fit.. Haha :D

Back