• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: #becauseracejeep

bpas328xii

NAXJA Forum User
Alright. Before anyone says anything... I am ME!! I am NOT an "alternate ego" or "alternate account" for CobraMarty. I've gotten impatient waiting to hear back about getting my old account reactivated and upgrading it to Vendor status (wanted to upgrade due to complaints). But... Whatever. I'm over it. Lol.

If anyone needs proof that CobraMarty and I are two different people on two different accounts, I will GLADLY post up photographic evidence.
I am also now a paying member. Not a user. :kissyou:

Anywho... ON WITH THE BUILD!!!! party1:

From the creator of Project: Keepin' it clean (on CherokeeForum) I bring you my latest time eater... RACEJEEP!!!!!!!
It's a 1999 2wd automagic that I'm building with the intent to autocross the snot outta it.

Time for TONS of pictures to bring ya'll up to date on what's been going on with this Jeep. If you have 56k, you might want to find something to do while this loads.

Yes. This is what I've been working on to keep me busy while I wait for my big valve race ported head from 505 Performance to get here so I can fix my red Sprintex Jeep... Lol

Bone stock. All I added was the tint.

Just playing around with a couple blowers.. Ended up just being flame bait. Lmao.

18x10 Mustang Cobra reps with Nexen 265 35 r18 tires.

With them on... NEEDS MOAR LOW AND MOAR POKE!!!

Therefore, spacers..

BEEF!!

On the dyno. N/A run

PO hack job on the rear speaker install.....

Trying to figure out why the speakers didn't work... Ended up being partially because of a shotty install and because the speakers weren't wired into the head unit...........

You have got to be kidding me.... What in the world did they use to make this hole? A butter knife?!?

So I folded it over with some pliers and a sledge hammer...

Looks a little better... Lol

Threw on my old Volant CAI..

You thinking what I'm thinking? Can you say improvised slalom course?

Installed headers and a ported/coated intake manifold

The notorious "dent" in the OEM crossover pipe...

Shiny

No. I know what you're thinking mother nature. Don't do it.

Annnnddddd.... Rain. Ain't gunna stop me.

784 (i think that's the right numbers....) injector install

Coated manifold

LED fog lights

Working on making a "flat" transmission crossmember out of 3/8" steel.

Drilling a new centering hole in the fiberglass monoleafs

WHEELIE!!!!! lol

Snapped every single shock bolt...

Performance Distributors ignition upgrade kit

Infinity speakers to replace the junky front speakers (one had stopped working completely)

Brakemotive drilled/slotted rotors

Time for new rear bumpstops... Lol

Whoops.... Ended up clearancing the metal to prevent this from happening again.

new links

Bee***e from N2OJeep

Trackbar is almost completely flat

Better view of my 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust.

After cutting coils in the front. Was siting perfectly level, decided to remove more to get the front a little lower after I took these pics.

Finally removed those ugly blue stripes

I spy a XBee...

Epic sticker is epic

Autopals and putco harness along with 80/100w bulbs.

Rain. Again.

Had a blinker housing that wasn't broken sitting around, so I swapped that in while I was at it.

Looks like a perfect place to put an air compressor...

Racejeep at a local car show.

Not too shabby... Threw one rim on that the shop I go to frequently had sitting in the back just to see what it would look like.

JEEP!!!!!

Harland Sharp 1.6 ratio roller rockers.

Soaking them in some motor oil

Oh look. Rain. Starting to see a trend? Lol

JEEP!!!!

Wonderful....

Took the fenders, trim, and bumpers off to paint them and make it easier to have the Jeep detailed. Didn't break a single bolt on the fender brackets.

Lovely... Something else to fix.. Replaced the radiator with a CSF three core one.

New steering stabilizer

Painted the bolts on the fogs black

Before

After

Got a new windshield

Tried to paint the rear bumper, but the rain keeps ruining it.... I've only repainted it what? Four times??

Piggyback for the supercharger. 100% plug-and-play.

Ended up adding a second fiberglass monoleaf to firm up the rear end. Something like 475lb per inch for each spring now.

Of course it rained while I was doing this... Lmao

JEEPS!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. It's officially a racecar now.
rotfl2.gif

Repainted the rear bumper again and... It stated raining five minutes after I finished... %&#*%W$#&
censored.gif

Went to East Coast Bash to watch drifting.

Everyone loved racejeep. People couldn't stop looking at it. Lol. Got the thumbs up from a random guy in a minivan when I hit a two lane passing zone in New Jersey on the way back...
thumbup.gif

Prep, prep, prep. This was after spending several hours with a dremel and different types of wire wheels trying to get as much of the junk latex paint off as possible before I repainted it with red engine enamel.

Went to the junkyard to get a hood and ended up scoring two M90s. Who knows. Maybe one will end up on racejeep eventually...
euro.gif

M62 SUPERCHARGER INSTALL!!!!!!
I took pictures pretty much step-by-step.

Disconnect battery

Remove air cleaner

Remove throttle body

Remove throttle linkage and bracket

Mod bracket to look like the one on the left.

Put plugs in intake.

Take a break to admire the natural neo-chrome on your headers.....

Remove fan shroud

Loosen belt tensioner idler puley

Loosen belt

Remove belt

Remove power steering bolts

Insert the idler bracket that was supplied

Make sure the idler is in line with the other pullies. This spacer was too long for mine, so I modded to make it work.

I drilled this spacer to put the IAT sensor in it

Use RTV gasket maker on EVERYTHING!!!!

THERE IS A CORRECT AND INCORRECT WAY TO INSTALL THIS BLACK PIECE!!! This is the incorrect way.

This is the correct way

Threw a M90 on just for the lulz. These suckers are HUGE!!!

Install new fuel line

Install throttle body

Mount piggyback

Plug-and-play

Even looks almost OEM.

Install new belt, tighten belt, and reinstall e-fan.

Time to cut up my junkyard hood.... I will be making it look cleaner eventually. I will also be painting it white.

To keep hood propped open and stop metal from falling onto engine.

Random GMC Syclone I saw at the shop I always go to. Reminds me of the one that my dad used to have....
brows.gif

WHOOPSIE!!!!! Lmao. Launched it hard enough that the engine moved forward over a quarter of an inch.... lol. And the funny part is that I replaced the motor mounts and transmission mount recently.

Fixed a little problem with the bypass valve actuator so now it holds full boost. Holds at around 6.5-7psi and the AFRs look great. The only thing it needs now is Meth.

Went autocrossing this weekend... I need to make a couple tweaks to make racejeep handle better. Forgot to pump up my tire pressure, so I ran 32psi all around.. Also need to put stiffer springs in the front. And of course get more seat time in it. This autocross was a really good shakedown run and helped me find a couple of gremlins. One being a throttle issue in left turns..

Vids to come soon.

Bumped into Gradon. It was pretty awesome being the only two Cherokees there. :D

Grid up!!

Photo I grabbed from one of Gradon's posts.
1072695_544642298905498_400790836_o_zpsa757fe36.jpg

Saw a convoy of 2 HMMWVs on the way home. :D

Last edited:
Vids finally uploaded. :D

http://youtu.be/UrTqzk1EJUs <<<My FIRST run and the only only run I got on video. You can see where I was having throttle issues...

http://youtu.be/ba0x1Nbr9HQ <<< One of Gradon's runs.

http://youtu.be/T_THBNQw1kA <<< Here's a video from back in January when I got my first taste of autocrossing in my 2007 BMW 328xi. Instantly addicted. :D Exhaust view only. Sorry. Lol. This car is set up so well for handling with all the suspension mods I have on it.

Racejeep has SO much potential and I am really excited to tweak racejeep and autocross it more. And it can take a beating and still come back for more! :D

Back