• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project 5.0 install begins today

is it silent drive? It was advertised as a Dbl roller from comp cams when I got the whole cam set. Maybe it is the silent set, hmmm. stranger things have happened, they did send the wrong springs and retainers at first.

Yes on the 4.0 stock push rods. I had the head pedestals clearanced for the roller rocker mounts. I wanted to reatin many of the stock parts for replacement issues later on down the road if I ever have to get back into this motor.

Ok, all that is left to do is mount my upper assembly: Head, Intake, Exaust, ect... The bottom of the motor is assembled and in place. some minor annoyances, but you have to acount some time for those anyways (nothing ever goes perfectly) And then I spent the last hour or two picking up all the tools and cleaning up for tomorrow. I figure a good few hours of work and I should be running. Once I am fired up then I will install that Tom Wood driveshaft Brake on the SYE and proceed with the break in of the motor before I hit emissions for a shiny new sticker saying I am legal.

I have a bored out TB that Oletshot machined for me, he does awesome work by the way.

I am still on the fence for injectors. I need to source some. I am thinking some of the 96 - 99 Jeep XJ grey tops or drop for some fords (which I really do not feel like spending more money right now).
I could prolly find the grey tops at pick and pull even, perhaps even the ford's.
Definately someting around I may need something entirely much bigger though, maybe LS1 injectors. I didnt get to dyno this motor so I do not know what it is pushing out.

I will try to fire it up with the stock one at first just to get it running tomorrow. then head to a parts store maybe or pick and pull.

Just curious here. What is the difference between the black injectors and the gray ones. I just swapped a 96 engine into my 94 and swapped fuel rails, and noticed the injectors were different, so I swapped those too.

Well I used some Hi Temp Engine paint from dupi color.

We went to Pick and pull early this morning and found treasure!!!!!!!

out of some suped up mustang: The magic injectors we needed ;)

got a new tranny line to replace one we broke in the process

got a replacement powersteering cap, don't know how we lost that?

got a new ballast

Got some lebaron hood vents ;) in silver ;)

some misc sensors to have newer ones.

found some extened links to get later in the week

got a new heat shield

all for $99..... well worth it, since the injectors alone are worth more than that.

Forgot to get some update photos. He is where it stands: Mike went to the welding class for the Red River Chapter while I remained to finished up the knick knacks. He will pick up some oil and additive on the way back here in a few and we will proceed with start up.

Oh hey, I am a total goof and will get flamed for this......

Help me out, I forgot how to adjust my adjustable roller rockers..... I know......
I have the pedestal bolt at the required 19lbs but what is the procedure for adjusting the pushrod cup in the rear?

please let me know, I am spacing it right now and it is all that remains before we start up.

Prolly too much sun this weekend.

Captain Ruggy said:
Just curious here. What is the difference between the black injectors and the gray ones. I just swapped a 96 engine into my 94 and swapped fuel rails, and noticed the injectors were different, so I swapped those too.

A couple fo pounds of pressure and the fuel rail is rated at a diffrent fuel pressure. So... there is kinda a big diffrence.

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

The mess..... My neighbors love me...

Switching to the '99 intake would invole spending alot more money on converting to a newer computer, sensors, linkages for throtles, new TB, ect... It adds up and it is just not worth 15hp for me when I have already added over 200hp from internal upgrades.

Ok, the Jeep runs, drives, and generally does not catch fire. I have some coolant leaks that need to be addressed in the morning tomorrow.

The whole exuast system has to be re-thought. The old dynomax killed all the performance, killed it entirely. DONT USE A DYNOMAX on a build like this!!!!! I went from wide open, which was loud and had gobs of power to having less than what I had before the motor swap with the dynomax system reconnected.

I have some odd white smoke coming out the valve cover right now? We'll see how it goes after it breaks in a little.

Back