• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: 4th times a charm

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
Little history behind the name, this is my fourth xj/mj.

My first was a 2001 i bought in 2006 when i was 17. Traded that off for a dodge ram in spring of 2010. It was bone stock, i put a 3" RC lift in it, then 4.5 rustys then made that 6.5".

here it is:

silverlakeopeningweekend09005.jpg

Then i sold the dodge i had to pay bills to but a house then bought this xj in early 2011.

IMAG0091.jpg

Then i traded that for this mj like a month or two ago.

IMAG0165.jpg

Which i still have but i put the rod through the block last weekend. It had some rod knock when i got it but the suspension and axles are killer!! Front HP 30 with 4:88 gears, lock right locker, superior alloy shafts, teraflex high steer knuckle, and highsteer heim joint steering. With RK long arms.

The rear is a 8.8 with 4:88's and limited slip with disc's. And it has 35" BFG Krawlers.

This thing also has some wiring gremlins and crap so.............

I bought this saturday and its alll going under it real soon.

Its a 96 with 149k miles, runs like a top, and EVERYTHING works as it should.

IMAG0184.jpg

now all i have to do is find some leaves.

But i was also thinking about just putting the 8.8 in it before i do the front and lift, and take it to the drag strip on the small tires!!!!! haha should be quick with that deep of gear and little tire!!!! We'll see though. :looser:

No im wheeling the little guys lol.

just kidding yes they will go on the white one, besides you wouldnt know what to do with that big of a tire would ya?

Well got the front speakers working last night (had some rockford fostgates in it) and put my amp and sub in tonight.

K "its nice to have quality jams" man

Put the first coat of aero kroil on all the suspension bolts tonight. Do that every few days for a few weeks everything should fly right out! Haha yea right!

It is the first time I've put suspension on something mud free underneath, should be nice.

The 27th I'm going down to muskegon to pick up some bravada bastard packs (bout 4" lift) the rear panels I need, seat belts, seat clips and 2" lift shackles, all for 70 bucks. Selling the manche body this weekend. So all I gotta do is try and salvage my ube's and move them out an inch for the xj.

you need to make up your mind son!

Got the front axle out. And the crossmember studs, lower ARM mounts are on. Get the upper mount and axle in tomorrow, and set perches on the rear tuesday. Then figure out what I'm gonna do for upper rear shock mounts, I broke all 4 bolts, so probably make some bpe's and weld them up there.

IMAG0214.jpg

Back