• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

progress pics of front coilover hoops

My Jeeps Registered in a Smog Exempt Town
Flagstaff Arizona
I havent lived there since 1998
Is the Sierra Club gonna track me down now ?

I'm safe here in central IL! well at least untill someone needs a few extra votes. then I'll get tested and they'll confiscate my XJ, encase it in concrete, and bury it in a toxic waste dump :)

Fabed up the cross brace for the hoops today, it will bolt in so if I ever need to pull the engine for a stroker soon, real soon
1184821-P9120018.jpg

is the cross on heims? Hard to see from here

Just got my Coilovers from Bent and Twisted.
14" SAWs with 250/250 and remotes for 798 shipped
did u use a homemade hoops or did u modify a YJ one ?

nope has mounting plates on each end and I bent my own hoops.
bought some stuff from Mike eh, I have 200/250 on mine and it seems just about right, wont know for sure till I try it out though

He says he'll swap springs out if it doesnt work right
good enough for me.
I got a tad more weight I think, but who knows

what brand are the coilovers? my buddy wants to know so he can get he buy 2 get 2 free deal

Chief93XJ said:
what brand are the coilovers? my buddy wants to know so he can get he buy 2 get 2 free deal
They are Sway-Away's but I dought he will get as lucky as I did, the place I ordererd from sent me the shocks and had to have the rest of the parts drop shipped direct from Sway-Away and they sent me more shocks and the rest of the stuff, tried to return them but they said oh well keep em so I did

Craig Wood said:
I have a '98 XJ.

Craig, it's whole different world with the '87-'90 regarding smog. Turbo City has had a smog legal air tube for the '91 and later for a long time. I just have to check back with them again, when I called the gal didn't know much.

Richard, I got the info from Keven M and he did have an 89 when he had it and it did have the sticker for smog

Coil overs and suspension

Hey Fullsixe and Owl!!
I'm a silent member. I tend to stay quiet and just read everything that comes up. I'm building my 2nd xj and have flipped over a donor I have to design the coilover suspension. I'm using long arms from Tera's LCG kit. I want to get rid of the trac bar in front, and hope not to cut into the interior rear to mount a coilover there. Is it going to work w/ a short enough coilover for the rear? My 1st xj has a coiled rear, not a coilover rear, and has plenty of travel w/ a 9000 shock. I'm hoping that a coilover about the same length would work.

how do the coil overs afect the drivability or is this a off road jeep?

Fullsizexj said:
nope has mounting plates on each end and I bent my own hoops.
bought some stuff from Mike eh, I have 200/250 on mine and it seems just about right, wont know for sure till I try it out though

It looks good, and like it was lots of fun making it fit.

I am interested in knowing what you end up with for weight and travel balance with the coilovers? Will you be runing any tenders?

Predicting the spring swap results will be getting easier, soon, with a calculations spreadsheet that Bill Ansell has been working on. This should help in making educated recommendations for future coil changes (rather than doing all the math by hand).

Math ? spreadsheets ? I just kept changing springs till I came up witj a combination I liked, by the way I have lots of Eibach coils for sale :rolleyes:

Back