• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Auto Injectors for my 01. (install)

This is for Precision Injectors, not junkyard. But lucky you, cause when I put the Bosch's in mine, it wouldn't idle correctly and it lacked power.

When you change injectors the new data from the OHC is at best not comparable to your old data. The computer calculates the MPG based on the injector's flow characteristics. Unless your injectors match the factory flow characteristics 100% the mpg from the ohc is now meaningless.

But lucky you, cause when I put the Bosch's in mine, it wouldn't idle correctly and it lacked power.
Salvage injectors are hit or miss. I had two sets than needed to be cleaned and one that worked right off the bat.

When you change injectors the new data from the OHC is at best not comparable to your old data. The computer calculates the MPG based on the injector's flow characteristics. Unless your injectors match the factory flow characteristics 100% the mpg from the ohc is now meaningless.

Salvage injectors are hit or miss. I had two sets than needed to be cleaned and one that worked right off the bat.

Truth. My ohc is pretty off now.

I think we'll need to know what code it is throwing before we get much further.
Are you you got the right injectors?

Well pulled the codes and it came up po201

Injector # 1 Control Circuit

An open or shorted condition detected in control circuit for Injector # 1 or the INJ 1 injector bank.

Pulled and cleaned injector connections and pluged it back in. Disconnected the battery and am waiting to see if the CEL light well go away

Update: CEL light is gone!!! picking up new plugs this weekend.
Running great can't wait to take it out this weekend and see how she feels
Disconnected the wire and cleaned it drove it for a bit and feels alot better. Waiting right now to turn on my battery to see if the CEL light clicks off.

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail today for my '01, and im stoked to put them in! The service there was nothing short of spectacular! Not 40 minutes after I placed my order, I had an email from Wojek explaining how the injectors worked!

Ill even quote it!

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the order. I know it can all be very scary at first but fuel injectors and their works are very simple actually. It's an electromagnetic valve basically which opens and closes based on the computer's signal. The fuel goes through the injector and when the valve opens (plunger gets pulled back when the coil energizes) the fuel flows around the plunger and down into the nozzle (bottom end of the injector). The nozzle disperses the fuel into it's particular pattern. These nozzles are a different variety so they flow a more atomized pattern than the factory counterparts. That's all it is. Same flow rate, different spray pattern. If you get any problems with these like a hard start or anything at all, call me or email me. I don't expect you to, however one in every 50 orders or so for these injectors gets a hard start. Basically a nozzle seat gets a flash of corrosion and the seat doesn't seal properly anymore. The fuel drips into the cylinder once the Jeep is shut off and when you start it up, it takes 2 turns of the key to get it start so that all the fuel gets pushed out (like in the old carb days). It's just one of those things that no matter what measures we take it seems to still pop up. Dirty injectors don't have this problem since the layer of gasoline deposits protects the metal surface from oxidation. Go figure :)

Thanks!

Wojtek

I can tell you after reading that, Im not at all worried about asking them for help, or returning a bunk injector on the off chance that I do have one that doesnt work. All I said in my order was what year my jeep was, and that he came recommended to me on NAXJA :) I can honestly say that I couldnt be happier at this point with my purchase, and paying $109USD was definately not a bad deal either!

When I get them installed I will as well post my results.

I can tell you after reading that, Im not at all worried about asking them for help, or returning a bunk injector on the off chance that I do have one that doesnt work. All I said in my order was what year my jeep was, and that he came recommended to me on NAXJA :) I can honestly say that I couldnt be happier at this point with my purchase, and paying $109USD was definately not a bad deal either!

When I get them installed I will as well post my results.

Dang, now you got me excited. :guitar: Hmmmm, I might have to place an order.

thanks but no thanks. he finally got back to me yesterday, said we would be sending me tracking number in a few minutes. 24 hours later, still nothing. this is for an order from two weeks ago. guys a joke. i was cool when he sent me the wrong parts. i was cool 10 days later when he told be he must have forgot to send the right parts. now i just feel like he's jerking me around. if i cant get this resolved through paypal, im just going to try to sell the ford injectors and cut my losses.

i haven't had a problem with my injectors.. but i ended up with 2 sets of injectors. an address snafu thru ebay. my fault. he sent me a second set because pay pal and ebay both showed the first set was returned to him.well i received the replacement set. then 2 weeks later i received the original set that was returned. i emailed him a couple of times to send the extra set back. never heard a response. so i guess i got 2 sets for the price of one. a deal for me.a bad deal for him. i guess he doesn't want them back.

ok, got a response finally. you all tell me what you think:

"On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Precision Auto <[email protected]> wrote:
I do have the parts and have been intensely busy. Sorry.. that's all I can say. But since you opened a claim just return the parts and you'll get the refund once they are returned.

Sorry but I don't wish to send you the correct parts anymore at this point. Even though it was my screw up originally I just don't wish to have you as a customer anymore.

Sorry
Wojtek"

If he's too busy to send me the right parts when he has my money, what makes me believe he'll send me my money once i send him back the parts? Ten years in the auto repair business, never delt with a guy who told me, "Sorry, it's all my fault, but I no longer want to do buisness with you because you expect me to fullfill my part of the agreement in a timely manner."

Last edited:
ok, got a response finally. you all tell me what you think:

"On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Precision Auto <[email protected]> wrote:
I do have the parts and have been intensely busy. Sorry.. that's all I can say. But since you opened a claim just return the parts and you'll get the refund once they are returned.

Sorry but I don't wish to send you the correct parts anymore at this point. Even though it was my screw up originally I just don't wish to have you as a customer anymore.

Sorry
Wojtek"

If he's too busy to send me the right parts when he has my money, what makes me believe he'll send me my money once i send him back the parts? Ten years in the auto repair business, never delt with a guy who told me, "Sorry, it's all my fault, but I no longer want to do buisness with you because you expect me to fullfill my part the the agreement in a timely manner."

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel that there is something that needs to be brought up before this thread goes any further.

This is a private dispute between you and the seller. While I am by no means accusing you or him of any impropriety in your dealings, there is no way for us (as the peanut gallery that we are) to confirm or deny that what you are immediately reporting here is accurate; we simply do not know what communication has transpired between the both of you.

If what is being sought here is a mutually-acceptable end result, it may not be in your best interest to involve us. My sincere wish is that both of you can come to a resolution - and, to my impartial eyes, it appears as though he has left the door open to at least one avenue of redress.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel that there is something that needs to be brought up before this thread goes any further.

This is a private dispute between you and the seller. While I am by no means accusing you or him of any impropriety in your dealings, there is no way for us (as the peanut gallery that we are) to confirm or deny that what you are immediately reporting here is accurate; we simply do not know what communication has transpired between the both of you.

If what is being sought here is a mutually-acceptable end result, it may not be in your best interest to involve us. My sincere wish is that both of you can come to a resolution - and, to my impartial eyes, it appears as though he has left the door open to at least one avenue of redress.

Well said.

I had the same issue with the older lime-green ones; intermittent starts but they worked great while running. He was out the day I called so I left a message; he called me back the next day and had a new set (the darker green ones) sent out with a prepaid return envelope for the old ones.

FL to WA shipping in 3 days (sent Fri afternoon, arrived Mon) and I had them popped in within minutes and all my starting issues resolved. It seems like there's some ebb and flow in the busyness of his operation -- which I've grown accustomed to in the aftermarket auto industry -- so I was perfectly content with the way my whole transaction went. Stuff happens, you can't carry around a sense of entitlement all of the time even if you are the customer.

If I had just received a working set right off, it'd probably have been just another transaction. But because I had an issue and the manner in which is was resolved stood out above and beyond what I normally receive from such places, I came away with an even more satisfying experience.

Found that bosch injectors from 960/850/s70/v70 volvo's flow very similar rate to stock on my '96 and have the four hole set up with the improved atomization. bosch part # 0280155831 and 02801553746 flow very similar (approx 19.5 @43.5) and seem to be very easy to find. I know stock is approx 22.5, but i think the fuel management will compensate. not looking for high rpm flow anyway. The red bosch injector off of a 2007 + volvo 3.2l 6cylinder flows closer to 23lb @43.5psi. I installed the orange 02801553746 off of a 6 cylinder 960 and so far, it has noticeably improved low rpm performance and really smoothed it out. I can lug around in third gear around town now all day long. For $50 in junkyard parts and new o-rings, it was definitely worth it.

also, if anyone is interested in ford motorsports orange bosch injectors flow matched by precision, i believe for 99+ 4.0 cherokees, pm me.

Back