• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Auto Injectors for my 01. (install)

I finally installed my replacement set on Tuesday. They were the same Bosch I believe (Chrysler Logo) 927 4 hole green injectors. These ones had a nice machined aluminum end on them, rather than the last ones which were plastic. Same attention to detail on packaging, labeling etc...excellent.

I re-cleaned the intake pockets and the fuel rail pockets, was VERY careful on install not to damage the o rings and used some motor oil to lube them. One thing I did notice, when I removed the fuel pump relay last time, and turned over the engine until it stalled out to drain off the fuel pressure, I still had a few PSI in the fuel rail. I used the schrader valve on the rail to bleed out the remaining fuel pressure. This time, I followed the same procedure, but there was zero pressure remaining.

When I removed the rail with all of the original replacement injectors in it, the one in number 3 cylinder leaked fuel out like a little fire hose when I tipped it forward...ah ha, the leaky one. I replaced the older set with the new ones, buttoned it up, reset the computer and fired it up. Checked for leaks, took it for a test drive. Ran it around for 20 minutes, ran great. Got it home, shut it off and let it sit for 10 min. Fired up first crank... and then again 2 hours later, first crank (and every start since).

1 bad injector can ruin your whole day, but 1 company with great service and a no questions asked free replacement policy can make your day! Problem solved, Jeep runs better and stronger than ever before.

As for mileage, this remains to be seen. Now that I am not leaking down 49 PSI every time I shut off the Jeep, and then hacking it out the tailpipe (sorry Bambi) every time I start it I can begin looking at improvements if any. All I know, it runs smoother, the power comes on faster and the seat-of-the-pants test tells me it is stronger than before.

1 62MM bored TB is on order next...
:D

I got the new ones in. The number 3 was leaking. I drove it to sf, it seems to be running great. It has yet to be seen if the starting issue is gone. So far so good.

Precision? The link works, its a bwd part.

The verdict-

350 miles later, the injectors work great. I've had maybe, 2 rough starts. But nothing like before.

With a ton of gear, 4.56's, heavy ass 32 inch treadwrights, (60 lbs each) and armor, I averaged 17.5 mpg driving down to the bay area on 101 from Humboldt. This one of the worst drives for mpg, huge hills, and cold weather. At one point I was stuck up a huge grade at 80% throttle in 3rd gear for 2 miles. That must have put a dent in the average.

The great thing is that I can get from Eureka to San Mateo on one tank. (Although I come in pretty empty, as the drive though SF is pretty fuel intensive.)

I just did a short trip to Redwood City on the local 35 mph El Camino Real, and I was getting about 22 mpg. My gas gauge moves wayyyyy slower in the bay than humboldt. Better gas, and warmer weather.

Didn't think to email him about a discount as a NAXJA member figuring at the time the price of $119.95 with FREE Priority Mail was quite a savings over the $465 with shipping that he had 6 months earlier.

UPDATE on the installation of the fuel injectors.....

The O2 sensor is 2 years old, all the lubricants were changed to synthetics within the last 6 months, the MAP sensor was replaced 2 years ago along with both CPS's and the alignment and tire balance are good.
Recently replaced the spark plugs which made a difference in idle quality.

I have been monitoring the gas mileage for the past month and verified the speedometer calibration to a Garmin Oregon 300 GPS and which indicated the speedometer was accurate.

New Years day I did some trails in Lucerne and Johnson Valley and tested several new parts that I installed over the past several months which performed as I hoped.
On the way back while filling up in Barstow I decided to do another test on gas mileage.
I aired up the tires to 35 psi and only filled up the tank until it clicked off.
Drove 143 miles at 55-65 mph and used less than 9 gallons.
Calculated the gas mileage to be 16 mpg on Southern California's winter blend which generally is TERRIBLE for performance and gas mileage.
Keeping the speed below 65 mph had a noticeable impact on the gas mileage.

Charles

Last edited:
i did my injector upgrade today on my 87 Cherokee. i installed there 87 to 95 upgraded injectors. i found the throttle response to be better on initial take off. i also noted a performance gain from 3000 rpm to max shift point at 4700. i will also note im running a Rusty's throtle body spacer also.but it was installed prior to the injector swap.money spent well. now lets see if it will pass smog.

I would say ditch the TB spacer n get a bored TB from strokedjeep.com

99 xj I6 157,xxx

Just installed 4 hole injectors, went well except i nicked an o-ring so i had to tear the rail off again and replace the o ring. After letting the fuel evaporate off of the intake i started the jeep up. Its started right up.

idled well and just kept getting better until the CEL came on. Unplugging the battery and letting it sit will not clear the code. Its not my DD so i have not taken it to autozone to get it scanned.

Now it seems to (diesel) chug when in gear and stopped. I have a brand new 02 sensor, new battery cables, spark plugs, new oil, and clean air filter. Ran fine before the install.

I am thinking that a good amount of fuel went in to the engine during the install, fouling the 02? Or maybe its the Throttle body cleaner that i sprayed on a rag to clean out the injector holes? not sure....

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Last edited:
I think we'll need to know what code it is throwing before we get much further.
Are you you got the right injectors?

Drove 320 miles yesterday, the jeep took 18 gallons.

Thats about 17.7 mpg. Not bad, considering I was very loaded.

Tires at 36 psi all around, somewhat dirty air filter.

I think we'll need to know what code it is throwing before we get much further.
Are you you got the right injectors?

Agreed, just wondering if anyone else was experiencing or experienced anything like this.

Sent him an email when i ordered the injectors with all my vehicle info, and made sure that i ordered for the correct year.

I installed the '703' injectors in my 98 and without doing anything else my mileage, based on the overhead console, went from 13.6 to 15.2 in about a week. I got the injectors from the U-pull junkyard for $60!!! I couldn't be
happier....

Back