• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

Nothing fancy going on in my cargo area. I have a shortened hi lift on the floor. It's tied to the passenger seat belt bolts with 1/8" steel. I keep my tow strap inside the rear tire. I use a plastic flower pot base to keep it secure. The factory spare carpet covers it up. I'd like to build a rear cargo rack as well, just need to find the time to do it.

1847236026_eec6982bd4_o.jpg

1846412261_ffce7c2073_o.jpg

1847234048_1333017b92_o.jpg

Plate the frame around the tank with wood or sheetmetal, then Anchor your spare on top of that. Then a storage compartment much like the factory boxes in this thread on the passanger side for tools and so on. It really depends on what your taking with you, if you want your back seat or not etc.

badazzcherokee3 said:
Ive got a raised full tank anyone got storage area ideas for that?

I'll have to get some pics up tomorrow. I just finished reworking my cargo area. I built a rack similar to the Olympic mountaineer one. Underneath I have a 3 drawer intermediate tool chest mounted, a bag with recovery gear and spare u-joints, an action packer with an air compressor, air hose and extension cord, a wrench bag with a little box for electrical parts, a bag with tie down straps, an ammo can with spare nuts and bolts, a 2000 watt power inverter, and a fire extinguisher. Also have plenty of room for a cooler and more misc stuff. I've been racking my brain on it for a while, and I think I finally got everything I need in there and organized with easy access.

Well I came up with my own idea of a rear cargo deck. I needed something to cover my tools up on a daily basis. So the frame came together out of a mix of 1" & 1/2" Angle Iron, 1/2" Square tubing and some 2" strap. I covered the frame with 3/4 inch Hardwood Sheet and some grey carpet. I will be making a flip down cage to keep the items I put on top from flying to the front when I hit the brakes. Most importantly my golf clubs will be out of sight.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bearcat74/

Last edited:
This is the only pic I have of mine.

2006_0722005.jpg

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/passxj/Misc/?action=view&current=2006_0722005.jpg

It's bolted to the floor with 4 3/8" bolts and fender washers. The plywood on top is cut to fit pretty tight and can be removed easily. I keep my tools in bags and such. I've never had it totally full under there. Everything wedges in and doesn't make noise. It looks nice and clean and you can't see any of the junk.

userbmx1315 said:
spcustons, could u get a closer pic of your sterio is pretty nice, i want to get a flip up/ screen
thats not a flip out its a 1.5 DIN size in a 97+ dash.

edit: oops old ass post haha.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Everything got bolted down recently. Pics are old-ish. I want to get a NASCAR door style netting (like a soft internal headache rack) between the rear cargo area and the back seats to keep loose things in the back in case of an accident.
The drawer is just homemade and works OK.

I'll post up a pic, once I get my cargo area reorganized.

Kyle Horvath said:
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Everything got bolted down recently. Pics are old-ish. I want to get a NASCAR door style netting (like a soft internal headache rack) between the rear cargo area and the back seats to keep loose things in the back in case of an accident.
The drawer is just homemade and works OK.

mine is weak compared to those posted already...

Alexandra080.jpg

Back