• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pig Gig ?

I didn't realize this was an official get together thread I was just throwing out a suggestion.

Now that's a very good idea. Now about the last picture of me I had fresh,hot and delicious pig meat in my mouth.

BRIANHO13 said:
I didn't realize this was an official get together thread I was just throwing out a suggestion.

:cheers:
Nothing official yet.

Nothing wrong with suggestions either.

Haleyes said:
Eat and camp where?

I meant at Jim's Sat. That way we can shoot without any problems. It's 2 hours from Jim's to Redbird, may be a little far for a Sunday AM convoy.

I'd definately be up for a social gathering without wheeling though. That was one thing my club in Indy didn't do a lot of, and I thought we were missing out.

BRIANHO13 said:
Green sulivan is a pretty nice place to camp. Heck rent the park out and camp in the parking lot and roast the pig.....
The logistics of renting out the park (especially overnight) can be tricky. I doubt the state will allow an overnight function, and there is definately no alcohol allowed at any time on the property. If they were to allow an overnight function, a RMG member would probably have to stay all night (I can take care of that though :D) Green Sullivan would be a much better choice for cooking/camping. The DNR requires at least a 30 day notice for renting out the park, and you have to have at least 10 people IIRC. I can't remember offhand if you can rent it out for a weekend day or not, but I can find out if we want to push this further.

Haleyes said:
A wheeling club yes. We're all friends and some of us like to socialize as well. If you don't want to attend. Don't, that's fine. It'd be great to have you though. I know you've always been hardkore on the more wheeling, less talk thing. That's fine. If you don't like what we're doing, I don't have a problem with that. To each his own. We had a damn good time last year, I don't think we'll change a thing. Thanks for the ideas though. I would like to squeeze in a Redbird run sometime this summer. I've heard their rock garden has grown a little more.

I'm not in your get together threads promoting non-wheeling and more talk am I? Ok, jokingly maybe, but I'm not serious about it.:wave1:

Hale

For me and my herd.... Non-wheeling and shooting at Jim's.... IN. Moving to Redbird and wheeling...OUT. The wife liked staying in the 'HAM that night and lesiurely driving back the next day.

I could host a roast 1 hour from Redbird...just throwing it out there.

Shooting, we have discovered, would not be a good idea.

all this talk about shooting a pig or roasting a pig has me a little worried if i would happen to show up...

mac ':eyes: 'gyvr

BRIANHO13 said:
what is the point of having a jeep if you don't use it?:dunno:

There isn't anyone here that's keeping you from using your Jeep. You can wheel all day, every day if you want.

except the third thursday of october when the moon is 3/4 full...beware!!!

Back