• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pig Gig ?

One of the nice things about this event is that if you have always wanted to shoot something....chances are it will be there.

Things learned at last years...

Excursions can wheel, a little.

There is a reason some shotguns are $100 and some are $1200.

People who wheel everyday, all day, can shoot the azz out of a fly.

Those same people pack some serious firepower.

At 50 yards, I could not hit water if I fell outta of a boat.

My wife likes pig....as long as she does not know its name first.

Jims parents are way to fawking cool!

Rev

I learned that my buddy Dusty has a better chance of hitting a target with only 6 shots out of a .38 stub-nose revolver than I do with 80 rounds out of an AK-47.

Apparently I'm not strong enough to chamber a round into a Russian M-44.

Its a good thing for the thieves that Laura wasn't home when they stole Sean's stuff, 'cause she is one hell of a shot.

According to Hale, butchering a pig is easy because it is just like a short fat deer.

They have plenty of Boones Farm at the Liquor store in Flora.

Apparently at the Flora Wal-Mart it is customary to push the shopping carts as far away from the store as possible.

1/4" steel slinger dingers aren't nearly thick enough for the MWC arsenal.

XJ&TJ4ME said:
gmgcover.jpg

Thinking about one of these for pig gig.............anyone have an elephant or buffalo that we can shoot at?

I haven't used the H&K version, but I've blown some stuff up with a MK19.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_19_grenade_launcher

That's a good time.

My wife with a .22 pistol is a WAY Better shot than she should be...

People really like her apple pie

The 'breakfast buffet' at the Comfort Suites really sucks

Prepmech said:
Apparently at the Flora Wal-Mart it is customary to push the shopping carts as far away from the store as possible.

Only when Chris is working. I help him out when ever I can.:D

Oh, this year,.......we'll leave the bacon on the piggy.:wave:

Since we're on the subject.....sort of....

Where can a guy pick up some .223 and .30 ammo for a decent price?

I know....I know......Wish in one hand and shat in the other.....

Haleyes said:
Since we're on the subject.....sort of....

Where can a guy pick up some .223 and .30 ammo for a decent price?

I know....I know......Wish in one hand and shat in the other.....
.30 - http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=96&s=946&search=GO

.223 - http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browseammo.aspx?c=96&s=907
http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/223_ammunition.html

Wish I had some extra cash so I could get some .30 for the M1 carbine. Heck, I wish I had some extra cash so I could pick up a PT145 before the PG :D

For reference I saw Wolf .223 at our last gun show for $225.00 for a case of 1000 rds. That is exactly twice what I paid this time last year. Looks like I need to get the reloader going. I haven't seen .30 cal cheap for a long time. If I run across any deals I'll let you know.

Neal

Back to sleeping arrangements or one day event. Do they have any local hotels in the area... Speaking of which what is the name of the closest town... Crap what state is this in... lol! Anyway Yeah am new to NAXJA so i need a lil noobie info. You got any place for fencing in a dog or two they are Pups and wouldnt really want to board them. What should I bring besides a jeep.

Closest town /w/ hotel is Flora, IL(South of Louisville). There is a Best Western on Hagen Drive. It's clean. I lived there a week when we had a house fire a while back. Not a bad place at all. Next closest town is Effingham, IL(North of Louisville). There is several different hotel chains to choose from in Effingham. Effingham has alot more to choose from and alot more places to eat.

You'll have to have Jim answer the pet question.:dunno:

You don't need to bring a Jeep either. This is a non-wheeling event.

XJ Stryker said:
Back to sleeping arrangements or one day event. Do they have any local hotels in the area... Speaking of which what is the name of the closest town... Crap what state is this in... lol! Anyway Yeah am new to NAXJA so i need a lil noobie info. You got any place for fencing in a dog or two they are Pups and wouldnt really want to board them. What should I bring besides a jeep.

Effingham(15-20 miles north) has ALOT better prices than Flora for hotels. Last year the difference was about $30 a night difference. The Travellodge in Effingham was $49, Flora Best Western was $80 for the cheapest room...

can i sleep in the back of the mega cab in the driveway? and is my dog welcome...

mac 'if the appropriate weekend would work out' gyvr

Kids & pets are both welcome. We can fence them in the same area:gag:. Plenty of room to park & pitch tents. Now Mike just needs to get the day right. JIM.

negativecreep said:
forgot to ask in the date voting thread, but what are the costs involved in the pig gig? id like to attend and just need to know what to plan for. thanks.
Fuel to get there and bring a side dish or something yummy to eat. We also take up a donation, to cover the cost of the pig. Anything over piggy cost is placed in MWC Treasury. Last year, we just broke even.

XJ Stryker said:
Great!!! Tent thie kids... leave them there me and the ole lady will go find us a jacuzzi suite :laugh3:. Nah but thanks for the feed back. Great on the Dogs.

Comfort Suites in the Ham... Jacuzzi suites and an indoor pool....

Back