• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pig Gig ?

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
When at WF I heard about the Pig Gig. When and where is this event? I was told but the malted hops and barley seemed to have impared my ability to remember. I know it is probably a ways off, but just curious as to the general scope of it.

Thanks-

100_3147.jpg

100_3156.jpg

100_3159.jpg

100_3164.jpg

100_3169.jpg

100_3180.jpg

100_3122.jpg

There will be another this year. Probably be be May/Juneish. We had it at Jim's (ILLXJ) place, located in Louisville, IL. Roughly 20miles south of Effingham, IL. Dead pig, guns and great friends. :thumbup:

Hale

looks to be a good time. Dependant on the date, I should be able to make it...probably just roll the DD XJ to this one.

Whats the views on a bazooka?

Bazooka=Very cool.

It is a non-wheeling event.

Last edited:
Why does Dave look mad in every picture??????

The wife already promised more pie this year.....

w_howey said:
Why does Dave look mad in every picture??????

The wife already promised more pie this year.....

Well I only see one of Dave in the above pics.

That last one I posted isn't Dave, Howie........there is a little resemblance going on there though.;):D

Haleyes said:
Well I only see one of Dave in the above pics.

That last one I posted isn't Dave, Howie........there is a little resemblance going on there though.;):D

I'm just saying everytime a picture of Dave appears he always looks mad in them. The one with the blowout in the WF thread, I can understand......

Just a thought, how about Travis bring his cooker and you do this thing at redbird......

Where we gonna shoot? Did they build a bazooka range at Redbird and not tell me?:mad:

IllianaXJ said:
Heh, yeah that would be a problem. How bout we make a weekend out of it; eat and camp Sat. and wheel Sun. at Redbird?

Eat and camp where?

Green sulivan is a pretty nice place to camp. Heck rent the park out and camp in the parking lot and roast the pig.....

Last edited:
Keep in mind the logistics of storing the hog, keeping it cool and what not.

I don't know, we had a really good time shooting.

A wheeling club yes. We're all friends and some of us like to socialize as well. If you don't want to attend. Don't, that's fine. It'd be great to have you though. I know you've always been hardkore on the more wheeling, less talk thing. That's fine. If you don't like what we're doing, I don't have a problem with that. To each his own. We had a damn good time last year, I don't think we'll change a thing. Thanks for the ideas though. I would like to squeeze in a Redbird run sometime this summer. I've heard their rock garden has grown a little more.

I'm not in your get together threads promoting non-wheeling and more talk am I? Ok, jokingly maybe, but I'm not serious about it.:wave1:

Hale

Back