• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picked up a newXJ!!!!

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
I feel like I won the lottery. I picked up this great XJ for $2500. It's a 96 Sport 4X4 with only 85K miles on it. It seems oddly optioned to me. It has leather seats but manual windows and doors. The PO installed aftermarket power windows but it only powers the front windows and the driver side has been converted back to manual. It doesn't matter to me, I'm perfectly happy with this XJ and it's a great starting point.

NewJeep002.jpg

NewJeep004.jpg

NewJeep003.jpg

NewJeep006.jpg

NewJeep005.jpg

It's amazing how well these vehicles hold up and look good compared to a lot of other cars/trucks/suv's. Looks good! Can't beat it for the money. That is a bizarre setup with what seems to be a "Top Line Interior" and then it has crank windows. Of coarse...they offered Leather in CJ7's a long time ago but power windows never showed up until the current JK in 2007.

I see you have pictures...HOW? ! (See my post on my XJ) I don't know how to post pictures.

Congradulations!

Brad

Last edited:
I see you have pictures...HOW? ! (See my post on my XJ) I don't know how to post pictures.

Congradulations!

Brad

You need to set up an account at a hosting site like photobucket or flickr. Download your pics to there then copy the img code and paste it in your post.

Kdaily,

Theres some suspension stuff on craigslist today.

If you want a full size spare I have a dozen or so wheels that match and a stock tire mounted on a different wheel. Also have a stock front skid you can have if you come by and pick-up. I'm on Army St/Cesar Chavez in Noe Valley

Tom

Good deal. Very clean and low miles. Now comes the fun.:party:

Good deal. Very clean and low miles. Now comes the fun.:party:

Yep, ordered my RE 3.5" Super Ride. My wife is getting me shocks for my birthday in two weeks. I'm trying to talk her into OME's but looks like I might settle for RE Twin Tubes. Next week I'm ordering 31" Revos. All is left is to decide which rims to get.

Possible lift party at my place. Pizza and Beer will be provided.

I did the Superride, then I did the drop brackets (a must), now I'm wishing I had done the long arm from the begining.

Running 32" tires, I hit the drop brakets quite often on the trail.

Doug

Back