• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Perma-cool???

HB86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I hope this does not get out of hand like the last electric fan thread, so here goes!!

Has anyone tried a Perma-cool 10" High Performance Electric fan in there XJ yet?? It is rated at 1250 CFM and is only 10 1/2" x 11" x 2 1/2" ? With 3 of them it would give me about 3750 CFM. Here is a picture of the fan, part #19010.

http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page16.html

The mounting area says 13" but that is to mount using L-brackets provided in the kit. I got that from the Tech at Perma-cool.

I was looking at running 3 of them (1 primary and 2 secondary) along with my custom Griffen 2 core aluminum radiator to cool a LT1 motor. I would mount the primary in the middle with the secondaries on either side. With my setup I can not run a motor driven fan, not enough room only 4" with the LT1. Any .02 would be great.

Thanks for your help.

HB86XJ

if you have no options then give it a try....but Id do it with two fans on either end as primary and the center one as the aux fan. with the heat of the V8 you will need all the cooling you can get!

HB86XJ said:
I hope this does not get out of hand like the last electric fan thread, so here goes!!

Since youve already read the most recent post,why do you even ask the question??????????????????????????????????????

actually those fans have a much hhigher CFM than others I have seen...In fact I think that If I where to try it I would go with 2 of the 12" and one 10" It should fit if the motor sits back farther thatn teh 4.0 those 12" are too deep for a 4.0 application but with the three you will move around 4550 cfm...real close to stock

LT-1 XJ!!!!

Got pics??? I'd like to see it!!

I'm assuming it's a '90s LT-1, and i'm curious how you have it set up. Do you still use the opti-spark, reverse flow cooling..etc. and did you use the ECU from a donor vehicle or get a stand-alone one?

twinline.gif

FLEX-A-LITE FLX-320 $182.00 From Summit
Mounting Surf. Req'd 22" x 11 1/4" x 4 1/8"
Fan Diameter 2 x 10"
Fan RPM @13.5VDC 2500
Number of Blades/Fan Blade Angle 10/20°-40°
Airflow-Cu. Ft./Min. at 0º Static Pressure 1800

this is the fan I went with for my High Compression motor.
Say what you want about electric fans, but Xj-r's who have done the V8 swap know there just isnt a better alternative.
it fits the radiator almost perfectly (shroud).
Its the best choice in cooling Ive done
FYI the guy at "Be Cool" who made my radiator advised against doing a push/pull combo. He said that the puller couldnt keep up with the pusher and cause heat to be trapped.

HUMMER_BANNER_H2.jpg

Airflow-Cu. Ft./Min. at 0º Static Pressure 1800

as long as you never put a big load on it you should be ok, teh total no load airflow is less than the stock belt driven fan

But you cant keep the stock belt driven fan when u put a V8 in.
Thats just a quote from "teh" site.
I have my setup relayed and one fan to each Optima.

HUMMER_BANNER_H2.jpg

But you cant keep the stock belt driven fan when u put a V8 in.

Is yours running yet? The perma cool set up we have been talking about seems to be the best solution, it moves twice teh air than teh setup you are using

Mines been running since 1995
So yes.
I had a Setup like the perma cool when I first built the Jeep.
I fully believe in shrouds now.
Once again the quantity vs Quality comes to issue.
a shroud will pull the air ONLY from the radiator (as you know I hope)

I would mount the primary in the middle with the secondaries on either side. With my setup I can not run a motor driven fan, not enough room only 4" with the LT1. Any .02 would be great.

as long as you never put a big load on it you should be ok, teh total no load airflow is less than the stock belt driven fan

your still comparing belt drivens, which WONT work.
Best solution doesnt mean most moved air.
Just like biggest tires or highest lift doesnt make the best soultion for a 4x4
And he also mentioned any .02 , Which is what Im stating.
I have run both type setups. I know what works in hi compression big cube/small radiator setups

Back