• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

parting out a nice lifted cherokee, and i actually bought it!

Yeah you know it was a 33 spline and a 9" so what the heck you said you were going to sell it to me because I'm the one who got you to the guy I found it on cl and everything I thought "you were going to hook me up with a good deal" guess not I should have bought it I would have do that's dumb. but why would you make a deal and not go through with it you already are going to make your money back easy it was so cheap anyways.

Anyone have an idea where the 33 spline carrier and shafts came from? Breaking one of those without papers or reciepts would suck. Justin, save your cash bro, not the deal of a lifetime by any means.

i actually had no idea it was custom shortened and 33 spline. all i knew is that it was a 9" with 4.56s and a spool. i told you id work out a deal with you. i think now im going to bump up the axles to 600 total. i lost my bartending job in august it brought in 75% of my income. honestly, its embarrassing to say the little cash ill make off this jeep will help me alot. my internshiop ends 30 days after i finish my masters this may. then iw ont have a job. im trying to save a little money until i can start a phd in the fall if i get into davis and live off student loans again like ive been doing.
im very sorry if you thought you were getting both axles for for less. i honestly know what they are worth. i also gave you free fender flares when i wsa trying to sell them before, and knocked 40$ off a trackabr and bracket that was already low for you. i also told you id give you the currenty fenders on this jeep , for free, all because im a nice guy and like fellow xjers. i know youre 17 in high school and youve never had job. becuase i bought this jeep ill be living off freaking ramen for like a week or two until cash from the jeep flows in man. shoot. i mean a grown man trying to make a few hundred bucks off jeep to get by is a little embarrassing, but thats true.
i normally give everyone really good deals. 600 bucks for this pair of axles
550 for the 9" and 50$ for the front, sold as a pair only, is a good deal.
its actually a really good deal.
kid, i paid 1200 for my axles and drove a jeep 50mph round trip with bad driveline vibes to chico to get my axles. and they needed ball joints and bushings up front.
i feel that my prices are always fair.
ive never really screwed anyone over either. maybe sean with the sliders on the last jeep but i promised him the next ones, these are his if he wants em. but sean is a buddy of mine and i felt terrible. i dont feel good that you though youd get both axles for a steal, that was my bad for you thinking i would let you name a price. i know other guys on here have also given you free stuff too. you need to be more appreciative. when i was 17 i wasnt demanding or spoiled. i worked over 30 hrs a week since i was 14.5 yrs old and mowed lawns before that. i worked 6 nights a week in a shitty resturant topay for my bachelors, i worked two jobs, days and nights 5 days a week during the first year of my masters, and i also part out jeeps for fun. this jeep also made my garage smell since the interior is so wet. i really feel like there is no problem here. if you show up with 600 cash ill give you the axles tomorrow. otherwise they will go to the highest bidder.
you also told me youre 17, dont have a job and dont have any money to buy the jeep.
the dude that sold me the jeep, after i told him i knew the kid who kept calling him, said, that you asked for the tires for dirt cheap, asked hom to buy the axles for nothing, and that you kept calling him and bothering him with all kinds of questions about how cheap you could get the stuff. he actually said to me that you were annoying the hell outta him and that he felt sorry for me that i know you and had to deal with this stuff.
that being said, i think youre a 17 yr old male, probably spoiled, who is also the definition of immature thinking we should all do what you feel is right, self centered is a good word for that. you can still have the front fenders for free. i feel that i shouldnt havent to explain why the jeep and therefore parts in my name should be sold for any price other than what i feel comfortable selling them for.
my prices are normally good. i always come down on my prices alot too.
i also took alot of risk in this jeep. i do in every jeep.
there are constantly guys on here selling overpirced parts. everyone says i constantly have amazing prices. who takes that hit? me. but im cool with that. i like helping out fellow naxja members.
when you someday move out, get a job, have to pya rent, and pay for everything else in your life, you might realize that you are out of line here. maybe not.
sorry if i offended anyone or pissed anyone off. i really feel bad if i did.
im also sorry for selling a welded 30. thats why im sellign it as a combo, mostly cuz it has gears, the 4.56s, with the rear. ill also hook up the tires, 2 have good tread, one is alright, and one is bald, rear rims are 5 on 5.5, fronts are 5 on4.5, for 80$ if you buy the axles

Jon don't stress, if he had the money to get it i don't think he would have told you about it, plus the guy said he called and called and called but never came through. money talks!!! i think 350 is far from fair which is what he says you agreed on for the axles. the rear axle is the only thing worth your time on the Jeep unless you need a RE lift of course.

CRY ME A RIVER!! delete these lame post including mine thank you.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea where the 33 spline carrier and shafts came from? Breaking one of those without papers or reciepts would suck. Justin, save your cash bro, not the deal of a lifetime by any means.

there is full paperwork by the shop that did the work, under full warranty. if you break the 33 spline carrier or shafts they will replace it with 35 spline, i believe he posted all that earlier.

Last edited:
Jon you should be asking WAAYYYYY more for that 9". I would think a $1000 at least. Very minimum $800 like someone said but I think it's worth more than that. Don't cheap yourself out man after going through all this hassle for this Jeep.

Ok yeah first of I'm not trying to fight over naxja. And umm I'm not spoiled, I bought both of my jeep my self bought the lifts myself everything on the jeeps I bought so yeah. I'm not selfcenter either just when you say a price I would think you should stick with it but no its cool. ill just go with a 44 its cool. Yeah so ill still buy the fenders and front axle off you. Let me know also might want to buy the doors let me know how much for all that. Sorry about the whole axle thing.

i think after talking to alot of guys 600 for the 9" is worth it, and let alone 600 for both axles, consider it buy one 9" for cheap, get a dana 30 with 4.56s and a welded up spiders for free! i think the 600$ is the deal, and im sure i could get more for it on pirate, ill see if any naxja users come up with 600$ for both first before i go post it on pirate, consider it a naxja discount. furthermore i feel bad for giving justin a hard time, and as for now ill say he has first dibs on the axles for 600$ and ill give him a week to figure it out. that being said, if justin cant afford the axles in a week, or come up with a really quick installment payment plan to my liking , i will sell him all 4 doors for 20$. furthermore, if he doesnt go for these axles, i will give him first dibs on the next set of geared and locked axles
the previous owner said he wil get me whatever paper work he can on the jeep asap. but im not counting on it. he said it was a local shop, i want to say river city differentials. im trying to sell the axles as a set, but if you really want the front im gonna charge more than 50$, but not much more.
and ill give you the fenders for free as well. thats a pretty sweet deal.

so i feel bad.
ill take the blame first off.
second off ill give justin the doors for 20$ FOR ALL 4.
front fenders are free since i told him that already.
ill work out a deal for the front axle for him.
also tires are still up, but the rears are 5 on 5.5 and fronts are 5 on 4.5. must take all tires i guess, id sell the front two for 80$, or all 4 for 90$ obo

i pulled the sliders, they are seansxj as of now
pulled the front axle and everything but the shocks and upper trackbar bolts, the hood wont open so ill cut it off tomorrow. started pulling the case
i also have rear tail lights
both for 15$
front lights , and trim, no front pass blinker or grill , but everything else,
10$

before i put the rear end on pirate for 800 i want to try to sell it to a naxja member for 550$. firm
it also comes with a driveshaft made to mount to the 9" and slide in the stock slip yoke for an additional 20$

also rear leaves come with degreee shims and mj shackles as well for free for the same price

the discos are missing one piece that you can order for like 8$,
so ill sell the discos for 20$

also has been converted to an open cooling system with a newer 3 core radiator and bottle.
ill take 80$ for the 3 core radiator and bottle

so i feel bad.
ill take the blame first off.
second off ill give justin the doors for 20$ FOR ALL 4.
front fenders are free since i told him that already.
ill work out a deal for the front axle for him.
also tires are still up, but the rears are 5 on 5.5 and fronts are 5 on 4.5. must take all tires i guess, id sell the front two for 80$, or all 4 for 90$ obo

i pulled the sliders, they are seansxj as of now
pulled the front axle and everything but the shocks and upper trackbar bolts, the hood wont open so ill cut it off tomorrow. started pulling the case
i also have rear tail lights
both for 15$
front lights , and trim, no front pass blinker or grill , but everything else,
10$

before i put the rear end on pirate for 800 i want to try to sell it to a naxja member for 550$. firm
it also comes with a driveshaft made to mount to the 9" and slide in the stock slip yoke for an additional 20$

also rear leaves come with degreee shims and mj shackles as well for free for the same price

the discos are missing one piece that you can order for like 8$,
so ill sell the discos for 20$

also has been converted to an open cooling system with a newer 3 core radiator and bottle.
ill take 80$ for the 3 core radiator and bottle

engine and tranny have high miles but supposedly ran when parked.
ill take 80$ for the tranny and bare engine plus whatever is left on the engine when its time to go.

for the trailer hitch
30$ obo

all 6 injectors with the fuel rail attached
15$

throttle body with iac and tps attached
10$

interior is kinda trashed
so interior stuff is dirt cheap

all seats are 5$ (total for all 3)
but you have to take both, driver side is kinda messed up, pass is good, rear is a messed im surea bit

cat
10$ obo

intake and exhaust manifolds
15$ obo
but i dont feel like pulling them off, so its all you if you want em

im keeping the stock xfer case as a spare, the rear bumper for now, alternator for a spare, and the muffler for a spare, a/c unit too,

ill sell the power steering pump(missing cap), return lines and box
all for 20$

booster and MC
5$
you can pull it for 5$ for both though

gas tank
5$
you pull it off for 5$,

ill probably end up helping out alot when it comes to the u pull it stuff anyway

stock air box with a bunch of vacuum lines
5$

i also have a "spectre " air filter for a stock air box, one fram, one stp, all i good shape
4$

Rubicon express drop brakcets with additional 85$ braces thrown in for free
180$ firm

sway bar drop brackets
5$

i also have two front skids for sale
10$ each

and a free stock rear bumper

I would think a $1000 at least. Very minimum $800 like someone said but I think it's worth more than that.
:greensmok

:laugh2:

I would bet you can get $600 for that 9, might take a little longer to sell.

That welded 30 is almost junk, unless you drop in a locker. Might be worth $50-$75 to someone.

Funny how that price was already posted:
sold as a pair 650 obo
OBO? so maybe talk him down $25 - $50?

That sounds like more then a fair deal to me.

well i dropped the price for the 9" to 550 for naxja members, and since 550<600, im good for now

and as you saw in one of my earlier posts i straight up said if someone bought the 9" id throw in the welded disco 30 with 4.56 gears, for 50$ (dropping the total price to 600. at that point its buying the 9" and get a free welded 4.56 disco 30 for free.
do what you want with it. use the gears. ive seen naxja members sell 4.88s and 4.56s gears only for more than 50 , i think jes sold some 4.88s a while back??? i thought at least. you get gears and shafts and a housing and some brakes calipers etc...

for that price its worth running it i think..

( it has shafts, brakes, unit bearings, hp, etc) . also at least its a disco, theres no way to run a welded 30 with out the disco unless you have hubs, ive only seen one welded 30 before this and it wasnt a disco.

all that being said, would i run a welded 30 up front? for 50$ yes i would run it until i broke it. and until i could afford a new carrier and a aussie or detroit or something used for cheap. maybe get more than 5 runs outta it.

the only welded front i ever had in a rig was in a scout in the 44 front. i hated putting it into 2wd for every tght turn on the trail. but i would think you could get a few good runs out of the 30 welded. just be prepared to put it in 2wd on every turn , or maybe run the cable to the disco and use it to unlock to turn.

also rear leaves wont come with the mj shackles any more, but i am dropping them down to 170$ with free shims on em. that like a 40$ freebie

Nope, I've never run 4.88s and have never sold a used gear set. I did give a used gear set away though...

Back