• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out a 98 XJ

If I can manage to pull my headliner before then, it would be cool just to toss yours in while I am there if you can give a hand. Otherwise, I may just borrow my dads truck - 6ft bed, but with some creative supports it should work ok.

I'll pass on the axle. No time or place at the moment to build it the way I would want to. :(

Hmm...the mirrors are of interest to me. Let me think about them. How much would you want for the pair?

Mirrors are $109 a side from Autozone (Crazy) I'll sell em to you for $45 for the pair. Headliner is yours... PM me for number and directions and make arrangement for pickup/headliner install :D

Guys... I'll be around Saturday for anyone local that wants to stop by the house and pull parts.

Address- 230 Begier Ave
San Leandro number five 1 zero- two zero five- six seven seven six

Last edited:
I am trying to work something out with a guy who wants my BB for the suspension, the carpet I'm interested in but understand if I lost my place in line. I'm pretty non-commital on the Jeep lately, only drive 2-3 times a month.

I am trying to work something out with a guy who wants my BB for the suspension, the carpet I'm interested in but understand if I lost my place in line. I'm pretty non-commital on the Jeep lately, only drive 2-3 times a month.

I'll put you second in line, though Blondejon usually follows through.

looks like i get the carpet and the console! yes!
i think ill need the ebrake handle to make the console work with my renix era stuff?
i dont even have an ebrake now that i think of it, the handle is a dummy so maybe nevermind on that.

i will take alot of the trim parts.
my car area is all herculiner, and my headliner is from a 97, and my upper trim peices along the headliner are from the 97,
but all of my lower trim peices are messed up.

im thinking all of the lower door trim stuff?
maybe your guages wont work, but what else could i use?
hmmm.
trying to make my interior a little nice now that i have those grand cherokee seats..
id like to see the door panels. mine are from a leather limited XJ, but id like to see yours anyway.

of course we can trade for these sliders...
There are a few ways you can use the older handle..
Trim the opening to make it fit.
Bend the handle slightly to fit/still work (which is what I did).
Don't use it. lol.
Or install later model handle.

Stock front tow hooks and brackets? (A little silly, I know, but it'd help a noob Jeeper get SOME recovery points on without spending $$$ for a real bumper setup right off the bat)

Im not sure if my messages on the axles and carrier are going through... But it looks like I will take them.

Im not sure if my messages on the axles and carrier are going through... But it looks like I will take them.

They are yours

Thanks, let me know when they are pulled and available for pickup!

Stock front tow hooks and brackets? (A little silly, I know, but it'd help a noob Jeeper get SOME recovery points on without spending $$$ for a real bumper setup right off the bat)
If he does not have them available. I have a pair of 97+ bumper brackets/tow hook brackets. We can work out something with shipping or you can come visit the Oceano Dunes and pick them up.

I will have the frontend, axles and suspension off today. Motor, tranny and T-case (all still up for sale) probably pulled Monday. I will take a video of the motor running before I pull it. The AC is still intact for anyone who wants it... worked well. You guys that want interior parts can come by this weekend anytime, except Sunday morning and I'll help you get whatever. I prefer to have gentle souls help with plastic pieces as I have a gift for breaking them!

No tow hooks... sorry.

E-brake hardware from rear framerail forward. I have a 97+ axle in my Renix, and need the later model piece to make it attach properly.
Flares front/rear.
Radio antenna, basically the part that goes into the fender.

Last edited:
E-brake hardware from rear framerail forward. I have a 97+ axle in my Renix, and need the later model piece to make it attach properly.
Flares front/rear.
Radio antenna, basically the part that goes into the fender.

It's yours... Pm me with what you think is fair.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Oops have rear, but only one front flare

It's yours... Pm me with what you think is fair.

Oops have rear, but only one front flare

That's fine, I may have fronts somewhere. Just want to have them match if I am going to run flares ft/rear. Care to ship, or should I have someone get them from you?

Are you only selling the engine as a whole? I need a TPS and a IAC. To make it easier I'll buy the whole TB with all 3 sensors if you like.

Tim - sent you a text and left a VM on your cell about picking up the headliner today. Just giving the is a shot too in case you catch it first. Let me know. Thanks.

That's fine, I may have fronts somewhere. Just want to have them match if I am going to run flares ft/rear. Care to ship, or should I have someone get them from you?

Johnnie & All=
Sorry guys the truck is outside so has been off my radar, but the weather is improving. I am back to pulling parts today.

Johnnie- I am trying not to ship. Where do you live? I can check on USPS rate for a box, but the flares would require a good sized one. Let me know what you want to do.

Back