• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out a 98 XJ

REVROK

NAXJA Forum User
So my daughter got in 2 wrecks with her Cherokee and I am parting it out. Mechanically it is fine. I am taking the front fenders and grill shell, otherwise it is complete and runs. I also have:

Another HP30 with a 4.10 gearset and carrier in it- No outers just 297 inner shafts. Has had ruffstuff coil brackets added... not really sure why. Buy it for the gears or the carrier- $25

A set of 4.10 gears (USED Dana) and a carrier (DANA new in box) to go with the HP30 in the 98. $50

Craigslist ad- http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/2394928108.html

I will post up some prices on the thread. In the meantime just make offers... I really just want it gone (so does my wife and my neighbors).

3na3m53p15T55W25U2b5lf705d60f8a2c1a75.jpg

3m03p83lb5Y15Q15X5b5la92d0462a8ae1646.jpg

3n33k43me5V65Z05S4b5l06a59a7f94d3117f.jpg

Last edited:
is the enigine for sale?...if so how many miles? how much?

Engine runs well and I have intentionally kept it in the car so you can hear it, about 220k miles. Price depends on how much of it you want. I'd sell the longblock for $150 if you want the injection, harness and computer... say $300... $250 if you go back red!

thanks for the axle, that carrier and gears are gonna be perfect

Your welcome! Great to meet you. When you get the gears done we need to break in your truck!

The 4.10 axle is gone... still have the gears and carrier for $50

Do u still have the center console

Yes, Nice condition. The interior is grey charcoal and in good shape.

Also I have had several requests to ship items. I want to try and sell locally first as I frankly don't have a lot of time. Thanks for understanding.

Is it an auto?

BTW- I really need the rear window wiper housing mount. It's the little black piece that has the washer fluid nozzle. I broke mine.

Do you still have the electric fan?

What condition is the headliner in?

Last edited:
I am also curious about the headliner. Specifically, does it have the integrated sound bar and is it in good shape?

I may be interested in the shackles, coil springs, track bar, exhaust down pipe & trans x member. How much? Thinking about going back to stock height... I never wheel my XJ any more.

Is it an auto?

BTW- I really need the rear window wiper housing mount. It's the little black piece that has the washer fluid nozzle. I broke mine.

Yes, Auto... Shifts firm

Wiper housing mount is yours if you want it. I can hang onto it until you get down this way if you want. PM me with what you think is fair.

Do you still have the electric fan?

What condition is the headliner in?

Headliner has a couple of dirt spots, but is very good. The fan sold on a call 5 mins after I posted the ad on Craigslist.

I am also curious about the headliner. Specifically, does it have the integrated sound bar and is it in good shape?

Yes, good shape (see above) and it has the sound bar. Even the speaker grilles are pretty!

I may be interested in the shackles, coil springs, track bar, exhaust down pipe & trans x member. How much? Thinking about going back to stock height... I never wheel my XJ any more.

I have most of that from lifting my 91... Maybe $100 for everything, if you think that's fair or make me an offer. I would probably want to hang onto the tranny crossmember until someone buys the motor, but would immediately get it to you after we pull it.

The spare is like 90%, but the others are 25-35%. 235 75r15

Im looking for a 5 speed. Thanks.

Yeah, Ill take the wiper mount. I'll be down in a couple weeks.

Hows 10 bucks sound?

Im looking for a 5 speed. Thanks.

Yeah, Ill take the wiper mount. I'll be down in a couple weeks.

Hows 10 bucks sound?

Fine... I'll pull it tonight.

Back