• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Panamint Valley report.

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
Once again a great weekend in Panamint Valley, was nice to get into some decent weather for a change.
On Friday we headed to Balarat and set up camp then headed to the Argus range to check out Lookout City and Defense Mine.
Heading to Balarat looking East at the Panamint Range...
picture.JPG

Andy heading into "The Bowl" on the Lookout City/Defense Mine trail...
picture.JPG

Bryan climbing out of The Bowl...
picture.JPG

Me in my poser Jeep...
picture.JPG

View of the Panamints from Lookout City...
picture.JPG

Lots of impressive stonework ruins up there...
picture.JPG

...more to come...

On Saturday we headed over to what would be the only real wheeling we did for the weekend, Isham Canyon.
Andy with a good poser shot...
picture.JPG

Dennis in his Cruiser...
picture.JPG

Mya on a retarded line...
picture.JPG

Dan getting upa tough line...
picture.JPG

Bryan having issues on the last notch...
picture.JPG

...more...

On Sunday we just went sight seeing and did a little hiking. First we went to Jail Canyon and checked out the old mine up there.
Ore dump ramp...
picture.JPG

Big old belts and flywheels...
picture.JPG

The main structure...
picture.JPG

Guess what kind of pickup I'm drinking my beer in...
picture.JPG

Panamint Daiseys in Jail Canyon, Panamint Valley in the background, Argus Range beyond...
picture.JPG

we then drove over to Surprise Canyon, had lunch, and hiked up to the waterfalls.
Here's a couple of the falls...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Once again a great weekend in the desert. Thanks again to Mr. and Mrs. Couch for the hospitality, I always have a good time with you folks. :cheers:

Awesome. I name you official photog of the Sierra Chapter.

Awesome pics Jes maybe you missed your life calling as a photographer, just think instead of spending the weekends in the hills you could be chillin at weddings taking pictures of portly chicks!

That was my first trip to Panamint Valley and I had a blast. It also was my first encounter with a fighter jet while on the highway too.:wierd:

Thanks to Jes, Andy, and Lisa for a great trip with some great people.

I didn't take too many pics, but I got a few good ones.

Jes out muddin"
standard.jpg

On the trail
standard.jpg

Bowl on Defense
standard.jpg

Sunset
standard.jpg

The rest of the pics can be found HERE!

Bryan C. said:
Very true. You just aren't redneck enough for it.:angel:

:D

BTW, where did you wash your junk? We noticed a lot of mud at the carwash on 178 just as you get into Ridgecrest coming from Trona.
That sucked down three dollars in quarters and my junk is still dirty.

Great meeting you guys and seeing Andy and Lisa again. Jes, I found the carnitas and margaritas to be quite acceptable. :)

We managed to find ourselves a little mud in DV (the reactions around the various campsites in DV were hilarious!)
2.jpg

Last edited:
Bubb_Rubb said:
Great meeting you guys and seeing Andy and Lisa again. Jes, I found the carnitas and margaritas to be quite acceptable. :)

We managed to find ourselves a little mud in DV (the reactions around the various campsites in DV were hilarious!)
2.jpg

So how did things go with your girl after you left Friday night? :confused1

Bubb_Rubb said:
yea, there were certain aspects of that night that she did not appreciate.

I don't even remember what was said. The Don Julio got to me I think. :D

Glad you came by Ken.
Sorry I didn't hook up with you guys Saturday evening, I really wanted to see some of those Toyotas.

BTW, post up the rest of your pics!

Back