• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Over night in Denver

Jed

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to head out, trailering my Jeep to Moab. I'll be staying in Denver over the weekend. I must say, thinking about leaving my Jeep on a trailer in a hotel parking lot overnight makes me nervous. I'm sure it will stick out like a turd in a punch bowl setting in the parking lot on a trailer.... I just hope I don't have to park on the side of the street. Wonder if I could park at the police station overnight :wierd:

I'm a little north of Denver, up in the 'burbs. It may be a little out of your way but if you'd like you could park your trailer out in front of my house overnight.

Like anywhere else, some parts of Denver are worse than others. Do you know where you are staying?

Thanks for the offer, I may need to take you up on that.

We are staying Close to quebec street... In the neighborhood of Lowe's and Walmart.

I hope that's not a bad area :doh:

Thanks for the offer, I may need to take you up on that.

We are staying Close to quebec street... In the neighborhood of Lowe's and Walmart.

I hope that's not a bad area :doh:

I should have also said, close to I-70

According to Google Maps, I live approximately 15 miles northwest of there, so I don't know if I'm too far for you. Let me know.

Also after looking at Google Maps at that area, something Chris Rock once said comes to mind: 'I don't care where you are in America, if you are near Martin Luther King Blvd, that's a place you don't want to be'.

Just sayin'

Also after looking at Google Maps at that area, something Chris Rock once said comes to mind: 'I don't care where you are in America, if you are near Martin Luther King Blvd, that's a place you don't want to be'.

Just sayin'

quoted for truth, and the phunnay.:rof:

This looks like a no-brainer..... Do what the local's say and stay somewhere else. I'm going to change my hotel to a location in Westminster.
Matt, I will shoot you a PM shortly.
thanks for the input!

I'm a couple minutes from the intersection of i25 and Speer Blvd if that doesn't work out for whatever reason. Hotels might be cheaper in Westminster, I don't know haven't checked.

But I can say that i70 and Quebec is fairly riff raff if you're not over in the new housing community.

I just left a job where the office was just down the street from where you were planning to stay. It's NOT a great part of town.

On the other hand, I always see campers, etc parked in that Walmart parking lot. Maybe even some OTR truckers too. It seems like a popular place to park for the night. At least there are some nice places to eat over there now. On the north side of I-70 near Quebec is a brand new retail development with a Bass Pro, Target, etc. along with some good eateries and a few decent bars. It could be a worse area.

I'm going to take Matt up on his offer and park at his place plus I'm going to take everyone's advise and stay in a different area.

Thanks for all the input!!

Back