• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Only two days after roll...

Fore Wheeler said:
the sawzall got the best of me. if it would quit snowing here I'd wash it, but there's no reason to wash it and drive it back on the salty roads. It'll get washed, now there's less to wash.

wanna buy a slightly used roof?????????

No but how much for the windshield? Saw the carnage on the pix post! Glad everyone is ok. Took a pic of your XJ before we all rolled out at the fest! Looked great, hated to see the aftermath! Keep us posted on the progress!

I think this is the first time I've seen pics of a chop project preceed the pictures of the rollover event that caused it!!!!!!!

LOL.

Forewheeler, you are alright!

you have the spirit.

that's just too funny for words.

listen, loose the b-pillar.

you don't need it.

you will love the feeling of opening up the drivers compartment since you will no doubt have a horizontal tube form across the openings anyway.....and of course, you will have vertical tube forms near the b and c pillar locations.....

If you are keeping your leaf springs, you really have no more to chop.

if you are going coil overs like i thought I heard you mention, chop off the entire back half behind the c-pillar.

nice work.

keep the update pics coming fast and furious.

that was one crazy roll.

sorry for using it as an opportunity to touch your fanny.

Last edited:
yea, the B was left that high just as a rough cut, I've learned that it's easier to cut again then to add it back, just in case I wanted some of it there for some reason :dunno: .

touching my butt was the only sexual experiance I had at Winterfest, it was good, next time take your glove off. :D

I go away for a couple of days and hang with GA Mike and his bride on one of them and you do this? Last I heard the Beadlocks woudl not hold air! Are those the Rusty's ones?

No, it was a freak deal on a ledge that should have been a no brainer.

Did the ledge "give way"? It seems to happen all the time......

CRASH

got my beadlocks working, and no, they are not Rustys.

Crash, the ledge didn't give away, there was a rock that my left rear wheel wouldn't get over so I bumped it, and I think it acted as an ancor and the front end slid to the left and off the ledge, the rest is as they say...

Fore Wheeler said:
got my beadlocks working, and no, they are not Rustys.

Crash, the ledge didn't give away, there was a rock that my left rear wheel wouldn't get over so I bumped it, and I think it acted as an ancor and the front end slid to the left and off the ledge, the rest is as they say...

Sorry, that was an inside joke for Beezil's enjoyment, I thought maybe you were privy as well.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Sorry, that was an inside joke for Beezil's enjoyment, I thought maybe you were privy as well.

CRASH

Damn right I enjoyed it!

That little ledge was tougher than it looks, it had that sneaky curled-back tire grabbin' rock-hook that kept spinning scott and john B around......That's exactly how you rolled.......you went foreward to mount the ledge, only you were already on TOP of the ledge when the rock spun you around like a pegged horseshoe.....scott and john would get hung on it while they were still at the bottom..... as your front end fell off of the ledge, your tire climbed over the top of the hook, and you were double-fawked, and waaaayyy off-camber......that was ugly....thats for sure.

geez dan, everytime i see you down here for cherokee crawl it seems like you have a different setup/rig! keep us updated on the progress, glad you're alright! hopefully by the time you get down here for the crawl this year our jeeps will be lookin somewhat similar :D

Last edited:
jeepxjga said:
geez dan, everytime i see you down here for cherokee crawl it seems like you have a different setup/rig! keep us updated on the progress, glad you're alright! hopefully by the time you get down here for the crawl this year our jeeps will be lookin somewhat similar :D

Yep, you remember the carnage that happened at the crawl last year? That's why I bought a new rig and built it this winter, first time out was this last weekend, now it's off to become another new rig for me.

I won't be making the crawl this year, I'm running Paragon with NAC which is only a few weeks apart and I can't afford both.

later
dan

Looser! If you'd stop playing and go take some damn pictures you could afford both! LOL! Sorry to hear you want be there!

well shoot, i might have to make it up there one weekend after i get my new rig done. how far are you from tellico again? i'll just tack two hrs onto that and calculate a distance. as long as there will be :cheers: i might try to make it sometime soon after you get your junk done. gotta find someone to split gas tho, the 460 in the tow rig will defintiely be hungry on that trip

jeepxjga said:
well shoot, i might have to make it up there one weekend after i get my new rig done. how far are you from tellico again? i'll just tack two hrs onto that and calculate a distance. as long as there will be :cheers: i might try to make it sometime soon after you get your junk done. gotta find someone to split gas tho, the 460 in the tow rig will defintiely be hungry on that trip

ummm, I'm only 15+ hours north of Tellico. Gimme a shout when you're commin.

it's a long way for a beer tho.

word, well i've always wanted to hit up paragon so maybe we could hook up there after you get your cage and crap done. get a small ride together sometime, i'm like you, paragon with NAC and then crawl with SEC = too much $bling$ for me :D

Glad you're OK, forewheeler - Time for bigger and better! FYI, the beach party on Sat. night went off without a hitch, well a broken window is about it. But boy was the female scenery at a premium! :eyes:

Sorry I couldn't make this run, I'll be watching for the next one.

Back