• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure

No worries. Have you checked you oil? Should be the yellow dipstick on the same side of the engine you are already on. Let me know. Also do you have a multimeter?

How low is it? Is it reading on the stick? Sounds like you need to get a oil pressure gage (mech). You can rent these from most parts stores. You simply screw it into the port the oil pressure sending unit is in now. Start the engine and read the gage. The easy test first though is to clean the connector you just unhooked and reconnect. Start the Jeep and see if pressur is up. If not shut it down. If still no change in pressure you will need to check voltage at the wire. Should be 5.v key on.

It's just about half an inch under add so it's not too bad, I'll go tommorow and rent the oil pressure mech and then i'll post back. Thanks for all the help man, looking around the engine has convinced me that it's not actaualy as confusing as I thought :)

Last edited:
Froboy7391 said:
It's just about half an inch under add so it's not too bad

No that is bad. Can you top it off? You need to fill it up first. Then reconnect your wire to the sending unit. Let me know the results.

Back