• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OFFICIAL BS THREAD(all others will be deleted)

Sounds good. Happy holidays everyone!!!

Nice bumper. I have the quarter guards in my truck. I'll hit you up tomorrow or Sunday to see if we can link up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am officially back on the road again, me and the jeep it seems. Made three trips today, and got up to 60 mph for 1 mile on the freeway with no sign of death wobble yet.

7 days since my second surgery, 3 days with out pain meds, and recovering pretty well so far. Hoping for a much better year next year. The last 3 sucked.

Hope Y'all had a Merry Christmas!
I Did....... Rented a car & Drove 300 Miles (One Way) to Go back Home.
(Still Workin on Replacing the Floors in the Jeep)
Had a Great Time Visiting w/ My Mom, Dad & 2 Brothers.

Left w/ 1 Gun (on my belt) & returned w/ 2 Guns!

Traded my Dad a Mossgerg SSI-1 .223 Single Shot Rifle for a Marlin MR-7 .270 Bolt Action Rifle & he threw in 4 Boxes of Ammo!
Both are quite Rare (Only Made from 1996-1999)
Both were made in 97.

The Rifle I came Home with is an Unfired, NRA Presentation model MR-7 w/ NRA Medallion & a Matte Finish, Fancy Walnut Stock! Sweet Rifle!

Mounted a Vortex 4-12 X 44 Scope on it Last Night.
Can't wait to get it to the Range & Shoot it!

Here's to a Happy New Year to All & to All a Good Night.

UncleSarge58

Nice. I recently picked up a Tikka T3 lite stainless in .270 and put a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10x40mm on it.

After I zeroed it, I had a three shot group cutting each other at 100y.

I got a BFH, :laugh3: does that count? LOL

Nice. I recently picked up a Tikka T3 lite stainless in .270 and put a Leupold VX3i 3.5x10x40mm on it.

After I zeroed it, I had a three shot group cutting each other at 100y.

Brady 100 yds is that a pistol ;) :)

My dad used to have a pistol that could do that.

Thompson contender 6.5mm with hand loads. I don't remember what kind of scope it was or the load recipe.

iluv83vettes,
Had a Vette once upon atime.
1968, 427cu.in./435HP w/ an 1180 Holley Double Pumper w/ Mech. Secondaries, Eddlelbrock Tarantula Manifold, Dual Gate Shifter, Fender Well Headers & Side Pipes.
(All Stock/According to the Build Sticker in the glovebox).
Ran it on the Qtr. Mile in OKC back in 1978 & Clocked in at 12.88 & 123mph!
Was Runnin 5 gal. Ethyl High Octane (102) Gulf Pride Gas & 4oz. Nitromethane.
You could still Buy it Back then at the Auto Parts Store.
Dang thing could Pull the Front end Off the ground about 12" on TakeOff & Leave 2 Big Black Stripes on the pavement.
H3ll, I could Floor it @ 55mph & get Rubber for 15-20yds!
Fastest I Ever drove it was 135, on I-240 in Oklahoma. (Had a 140 mph Speedo)
Scary Fast Car! Sorry, But, Just Don't Like the 80's & 90's Body Style.
Bet that Tika turns into Your Go To Rifle for Long Range Shooting Tasks.
UncleSarge58

I didn't realize the 437/435 was made in 68. Thought it was only 66-67.

I made this screen name 18 years ago when my dad had an 89. There is only 1 '89 and it almost fell in the sinkhole at the museum.

Even though I hit the 300m targets with tumbling green tip and iron sights, with the glass I have on the tikka I don't want to go past about 400 yards on a deer. I'd go farther on pigs because I don't care about a clean kill for them. Plus I don't have much opportunity for longer shots.

iluv83vettes,
IIRC 68 was the Last year for that engine in the Vette.
Wish I'd never sold it!
Saw it again at a Car Show in FLA, back in 91.
Knew it was the Same Car because I had Written my Initials on the Build Sticker in the Glovebox, Back in 1978.
New owner had Fully Restored the Car & Repainted it Black w/ Blk Interior.
He said that Car didn't win "Best in Class" because of it!
Car Looked Fantastic & Got an Honorable Mention Trophy.
Guy said I could Buy it back for $85K! Wow!
US58

OK bad timing but I'm planning on driving to Houston tomorrow and coming back. I'd be available for lunch... if you buy ;) Give a shout!

OK bad timing but I'm planning on driving to Houston tomorrow and coming back. I'd be available for lunch... if you buy ;) Give a shout!

What part of town?

What part of town?

Meeting me at about 9:30-10 am just east of Hobby airport, I-45 at Airport Blvd. Driving in from the north on I-45 I assume, and heading back that way I assume?

Back