• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OFFICIAL BS THREAD(all others will be deleted)

Mike... any campground close? I may bring truck with camper and spend the night... break the drive up ;) Also than I can partake in a beer or two :)

Mike... any campground close? I may bring truck with camper and spend the night... break the drive up ;) Also than I can partake in a beer or two :)

I have not been camping in ages and certainly not near where I live, LOL, but Google says there are some very close to my house and shop. No clue what they cost.

https://www.google.com/search?q=775...x-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=77587+campgrounds

I have no idea what these folks charge

http://www.juspassnthru.com/reservation-request-form-old.html

Seeing that most of our members that RIDE are in your area I'd certainly like a meetup. Only Exon, Cusher and Will can't be in the area :( I actually think this could be a last HooRah for our chapter :( Post up if you can / want to try and meetup next week. Heck if I get an RV campsite maybe we just throw something on the grill there?

I will say... that's a tough part of town to get to after work due to Houston being Houston

I will say... that's a tough part of town to get to after work due to Houston being Houston

LOL. Every part of Houston is hard to reach in rush hour, LMAO. The trick is to learn the back roads like I did the last 45 years here.

LMAO, last? Hell I am a founder of the RR chapter and I have yet to make a FIRST HooRah LOL. Except for online here :(

I'll chip in for the eats and drinks.

Seeing that most of our members that RIDE are in your area I'd certainly like a meetup. Only Exon, Cusher and Will can't be in the area :( I actually think this could be a last HooRah for our chapter :( Post up if you can / want to try and meetup next week. Heck if I get an RV campsite maybe we just throw something on the grill there?

LOL. Every part of Houston is hard to reach in rush hour, LMAO. The trick is to learn the back roads like I did the last 45 years here.

There are back roads?

There are back roads?

There are sections of the freeways that turn into parking lots, but the feeders to the freeways, and side streets can often turn a 2-3 hour freeway parking event into a 15-30 minute trip. I use the feeders and side roads from airport blvd to the 610 south loop to bypass traffic on I-45 all the time. Also from Telephone road to 610 south. I also use memorial drive to by pass I-10 in rush hour traffic. I do not use cell phone guides!!!! Those are the path to traffic hell LOL. I also avoid rush hour when ever possible.

Also Washington ave is a great fast way to avoid the I-10 parking lot from 610 west (Galleria side) to down town. It is usually dead with no traffic at 5 pm. It hits Houston Ave, which gets you to I-45 South....

Born in Houston, I was a straight commission Outside salesman in the 1970s selling industrial equipment, painting, coating, plating, ovens compressors, paint booths, sandblasting rooms, and eq., tools you name it. I traveled the back roads 18 hours a day, the bowling alleys, bars, etc LOL. Then I got my Chemical Engineer degree years later, and I spend more time on the internet. I have my own R&D lab & shop now near my house.

Last edited:
Step closer to getting there... I picked up the engine upper from Crusher's sister today :)

Awesome. You got the loose rockers and pivots too right?

So this is the first car I'm picking up this week.

2003 Subaru Forester with 209k. Needs a wheel bearing and tires, but solid otherwise. Picked it up pretty cheap, may or may not fix and flip it. But I think I like it too much already to sell it.

Tomorrow I am picking up a 1995 BMW 318ti from my dad in Austin. Needs a water pump. Probably keep it around as a cheap hooning mobile.

I now own a fleet of vehicles.

Ok there is a KOA in lake conroe. I might just stay there. Not sure where that is in relation to mikes place. Anybody able to meet there. Need to hurry all the jeeps are selling quick ;) :(

It's over an hour from that KOA to airport/45 on a day without any traffic.
8abe031dafe97c466f9428ba9ca82af9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live at the blue dot just under the 16 minutes slower box.

And 2-3 hours with real traffic, rush hour style. One or two of our people live on the other side of Houston, south of me, one down around Galveston, about 40 minutes south of me. Some others on the west side towards San Antonio, a good 45-90 minutes from me depending on traffic. We could meet up at my shop for a good gathering. Since I live and work near my shop, I am good all day for meeting up, except for Thursday and Friday next week. I will probably be on the other side of Houston Thursday morning (work) and have an MRI exam on Friday. So Mon-Tues-Wed or the weekend are best for me.

It's over an hour from that KOA to airport/45 on a day without any traffic.
8abe031dafe97c466f9428ba9ca82af9.jpg

Back