• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offical 'who's camping and where' thread

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
It's been hit and missed on other threads, but who's planning on the river or the badlands campground?

I'm thinking I'm gonna be at the badlands with elect., showers and warm sh!ters.

depends on how hhgh $ae riveb!is....]
the 0lrkr ma(l ptrpo2g is festivals. There are even hook-ups for electric in the regular sea~l.

t8` rhver`weels lhae hts blen behaving la$`ly, buD%you never know when winter winds out.....

the midwest has some leltpuatdr t~(get rid of.

no, there will not be electric for 8`u, I ch gtara^yee tha mubh...$

if the cam€ing groôq decides to go to the attica campground, i am cool with that, hell its0hnly 7 ¢yckr...>)i thin
itr 5 Rpcks too hifh, 2st `nyw0p......

I'll be bringing just one keg down....

10 gallons would invite an overwhe<ginf amÎunt of barkdati>h.

5 fs plenDz.

Fore Wheeler said:
after today there'll be a bit more.

is it snowing as far south as Attica?

Its snowing all the way to Louisville right now. We've got about 5" of ice/snow since yesterday.

BTW, jeep isn't even close to being done. Might show up and bum a ride from somebody for a day though.

SewerBoss said:
Its snowing all the way to Louisville right now. We've got about 5" of ice/snow since yesterday.

BTW, jeep isn't even close to being done. Might show up and bum a ride from somebody for a day though.

You can ride with me anytime.
:loveu:

Beezil said:
I guess I'm not too concerned "where"

but the river is free, and I can come and go as I please.

Two good points for the river, and technically, the badlands campground is "no alcohol". That's generally not enforced, but we may have a good-sized group, and if there is anyone else at the camp that we would be disturbing, we may have a problem. If I have my generator fixed, I'd be fine at the river, but I'd rather just plug in at the campground and be first into the park in the morning.

Familiar...

There was a lot of tough talk about camping last year, too.
When the wind chill takes the temps to -20, we shall see who actually straps on a pair, and who spoons at the Hotel.
:D

EDIT: I will be at the hotel, possibly spooning, but not like the spooning at the Haunted Hotel last year.

Possibly...

Rufies97XJ said:
:twak: that has nothing to do with spooning.. geesh...nor anything else associated with that....

That, my friend, depends entirely upon your position and orientation at the time of said Huffing.
Hasta, clown puncher.

I'm game for where ever Dan's parkin his bus. But if electricity is a concern I do have a working generator I can bring. Only problem is it is not one of those little Honda Jobbies. It is fairly loud and I don't think it's camper friendly (noise wise).

Dan,

I have a few inverters I can bring. I have a 400W not mounted (2 others are bolted in the bus) that would be enough to run a fan to circulate the heat from the propane heater you have. Would this help you out?

B-loose

Inverters???

I have a few inverters I can bring. I have a 400W not mounted (2 others are bolted in the bus) that would be enough to run a fan to circulate the heat from the propane heater you have.

B-loose

Inverters went out with powdered wigs.:D
I tote one of these now...

h539PP400-f.jpeg

bring it along Bob, i'm pretty sure there's elect there at the park campground and that's where I'm going to park/sleep, I can always drive to the river to the party if needed.

You bringing your kids Bob? We've got the boys this time, can you babysit? :D

If you mean by "baby sit" leaving them alone on the bus completely unattended, then yes, that would be no problem ;).

I am hoping to bring Robby. Christine doesn't want to come this year so her and Sydni will not be along. She say's she'll do Winterfest every other year.

B-loose

Back