• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBVIOUSLY he was a member of NAXJA!

CheapXJ said:
linky no worky

Hmmmm

We're running redundant power supplies and a Raid 5 disk array to ensure 24/7 availability. I know how important solid information on lamps can be. I'll be at the warehouse checking the server tonight. :badpc:

i changed a bulb once...it took me three years. the tricky part was unsealing the sealed beam lamp, and then of course changing the filament with the gloves on (i was told not to touch it with my oily fingers!). i then let everything sit on the workbench until i could get my hands on some xenon gas. i then opened the bottle and with a cupping motion pushed the gas into the lamp. as fast as i could i pushed the lamp back together so as not to let any of the gas escape. to reseal the lamp i used the elodium q-35 space modulator, unsealed lamp resealer. apparently i had too much gas in the lamp because the first time i used them the beam came on with a crack! and set a tree ablaze at a hundred paces. on the drive home i was stopped by a special unit of the military, who wanted to know where i got the "laser" for my truck. i then had to explain what the incredible beam really was, and they said...."if you visit NAXJA you will learn the how to and how not" and so here i am.

:laugh3:
biscuitboy87 said:
apparently i had too much gas in the lamp because the first time i used them the beam came on with a crack! and set a tree ablaze at a hundred paces.

See, if you used a 5 gallon bucket of steam, poured it over the inside of the lamp BEFORE you sealed it, you would have been golden! :laugh3:

What ever you do Don't buy it from checker auto parts. They are the worst lamps you can buy and they charge alot. I like dealing with the dealer ship personaly. That way you know it is the lamp that best fits your jeep. I got mine for only $250 or so at the dealer ship. Sure it's a little more than the $5.99 at Auto zone, but Thats what you have to pay for doing the job right the first time.

I searched, but didn't find what I was looking for.
Does anyone have a link to a write-up on proper "lamp" changing? :laugh3:

Has anyone else noticed that those florescent bulbs don't really look like they put out the specified wattage when you use them? Or is it just that my new alien eyes see that spectrum badly?

XJ_MAC said:
Has anyone else noticed that those florescent bulbs don't really look like they put out the specified wattage when you use them? Or is it just that my new alien eyes see that spectrum badly?
Fluorescents?! Dude, go back to JU. Go incandescent or go home!! :D

Back